Trick or Treat

Summary: Spencer meets someone with a costume linked to his at a Halloween party.

"REID! REID!"

Spencer held the elevator open, Penelope rushing inside. "Good evening."

She held up her hand, catching her breath. "Ahem."

"Take your time."

Penelope glared at him, flattening her dress. "As I was saying, are you busy on Halloween?"

"Funny you should ask! I was debating between a phantasmagoria show or a reading of Poe's most famous works. I also have an extra ticket if you wanna come."

"Uhmmm no." He frowned. "But! But! I am hosting a Halloween party, and I would be honored if you attended."

Spencer thought for a moment. "Phantasmagoria sounded kinda cool..."

"Party with your friends."

He sighed, knowing very well that Penelope would not rest unless he went. "Okay."

"Yes! Make sure you dress up."

"Uh yeah will do."

"Woo woo!"

Spencer smiled slightly, heading to the subway.

"Ah, Dr. Reid is taking his title to another level."

Spencer grinned. "Fourth Doctor, my favorite."

Penelope chuckled. "The scarf looks excellent, it's like I'm watching Doctor Who by looking at you."

"Thank you very much."

"Now come in!"

Spencer was quite surprised by the amount of people in attendance, a part of him had just assumed it'd be the team and their significant others or something. Usually was.

Spencer pulled his usual party trick which consisted of him slowly making his way to the wall and pretending to drink for way too long and avoid conversation unless it's a team member. The plan was going well until something caught his eyes.

Not something but someone.

A girl walking by in a costume that was undeniably the one that any Whovian knew linked to his costume.

"Uh nice costume."

You looked over, quickly scanning the boy up and down and smiling brightly when you realized he was the fourth Doctor. "Could say the same about you, Doc."

"You watch Doctor Who? Wait uh of course you do, sorry."

You giggled. "I do, and I see we have a favorite duo in common."

Spencer chuckled. "I did always like Leela as his companion."

"I also quite liked her wardrobe," you joked, motioning to your costume.

It was hard to not be distracted by the outfit—or lack thereof. It wasn't bad at all, Leela just tended to wear small shorts and tank tops, so you did too. And you were exceptionally beautiful. "Y-Yeah, you look great—it looks great!"

You pursed your lips, smiling softly. "What's your name?"

"Sen—Spencer. Spencer Reid!"

You gasped. "You're Spencer?!"

"You know me?"

"Penelope and I met when she first settled in around here after the whole...hacker thing, and I was new to the area. Naturally, we both sort of formed a friendship and have been friends since. She tells me all about her team. Although..." Your eyes floated up and down Spencer's figure for a moment. "I didn't picture you to look like this."