Deck the Halls

Summary: Reader is a bit premature to the holiday season.

Spencer was a fall person. There was absolutely zero doubt.

His 187 IQ slashed to that of 60 when a pile of orange and red leaves was anywhere in his vicinity, he'd sell a kidney for it to be Halloween everyday, and pretty much everyone knew it.

Which is why Halloween this year had been one of his favourites since he had someone to spend it with—you.

You stepped—more like fell—into his life about 8 months ago and have quite literally flipped it upside down for the young genius.

Spencer's feelings towards you may be even stronger than his for Halloween, a high bar.

Sadly, the night was over in a flash.

Spencer rubbed his eyes, opening them slowly under the cloudy grey light peeking through the cream coloured curtains. His first sight was a large painting you had with a goat on it because you thought it was hilarious, a lovely morning wake up. Spencer rolled over, hoping to see you, your frizzed hair, and your slightly smudged mascara.

He frowned upon seeing a slight dip in the mattress where you had been.

As he grew more awake, he heard some slight rummaging and the low hum of a song from outside the door. Spencer got out of bed, quickly wiggling himself into the discarded sweatpants on the floor. "Y/N? What are you—"

"All I want for Christmaaaaaas—Spence!" You smiled at him, putting the wreath in your hand on the coffee table.

The boy furled his brows. "What are you doing..?"

"Decorating."

"That's an odd Thanksgiving piece."

"Psh, irrelevant."

"Pardon?"

"It's basically Christmas, time to start acting like it." You hung the wreath up, returning to the box of various pine cones, red and green ribbons, and lights.

"I'm sorry, is this a prank?"

"Uh no?" You hummed along to Mariah Carey.

"Y/N, it's November 1st."

"No shit, Sherlock."

Spencer narrowed his eyes on you. "It has been about 8 hours since Halloween ended."

"Astute observation."

"You are decorating for a Holiday in 53 days."

"Early bird catches the worm, my dear."

"You're late to everything."

"Not this!"

"Touché. That doesn't distract from how weird this is."

"When Mariah Carey begins to dominate the charts and releases various 'special versions' of All I Want for Christmas is You, I bust out the big boys."

"She's already promoting?"

"The woman's defrosted," you replied, placing various candles around the room.

"Okay, but I'm still mourning Halloween."

"Best way is to move on."

"You do realize that there's a major Holiday between these two?"

"That's based on old white dudes being sucky. It's an excuse to eat lots of food, that's it."

"Okay, that's fair."

You handed Spencer a set of lights. "Be useful while you question me."

"Fine, fine." He began to unravel them. "So when do you get the tree? Tomorrow?"

"I'm not barbaric. December 1st."

"Oh, you have some respect for the proper time to celebrate."

"More because it'll die but sure."

Spencer sighed. "Next thing you know, you're gonna pull those sugar cookies from the store with the little picture on them out of the—"

Ding.

"Y/N, please tell me those aren't—"

You smiled sheepishly. "I got hungry."

Spencer sighed. "Can I have one?"

"Help me decorate."

"53 days."

"Cookies."

"Fine."

You grinned as he held your waist, you stringing up the lights. "Now we don't have to worry about this later."

"You are so weird."

"You love me."

"I do."

You climbed off the chair. "Wanna sing Christmas carols in public and see what happens?"

"What?! Why? No!"

You frowned. "It'd be funny!"

"Your definition of funny is different from mine."

"You're like the grinch."

"IT'S NOVEMBER 1ST!"

"And?!"

Spencer groaned. "I miss fall."

"It's still fall."

"Not in here."

You pat his head. "Let's make a deal."

He cocked his head. "I'm listening."

"You're here all the time, so why don't we have two seasons of decorations in here."

"Huh?"

"Fall and winter stuff, so we both can enjoy them."

"You'd ruin your whole vibe?"

"Just for you."

"That's oddly romantic."

"I try."

"Where do we start?"

You and Spencer flopped onto the couch, yawning.

"If I have to touch another pumpkin, I'm gonna puke," you murmured.

"Same."

"Though...the place looks nice."

Spencer smiled. "It does, doesn't it?"

You cuddled into his chest. "I had a thought."

"You have a lot of those."

You flicked his forehead. "Seriously."

"Okay, okay. I'm listening."

"Look how much better my place is with the both of us."

"All me."

"Spencer."

"Sorry."

You smiled. "What if it were like this all the time?"

"Decorating?"

"You're so stupid."

"Lots of things!"

"Us sharing a house, you know?"

"Like...living together?"

You slowly nodded your head, a smile growing on his face. "Well?"

"I would like nothing more."

You grinned. "If we do your place, I'm bringing all of these decorations."

"I don't think I'll mind," he whispered, kissing your forehead.

"Me either."

"Merry Christmas."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

hooray! lol i saw mariah posting about her christmas stuff already and got inspired