Sleepover

Summary: Spencer ends up with an unexpected guest after an interesting encounter outside of DC.
Warning: Implied family issues

Spencer had a weird job. He knew it, and he embraced it. However, not many sights during his time as a profiler compared to what he stumbled upon on the isolated roads outside of DC. The night had been entirely normal, him driving back to DC after getting home late from a case. Nobody was out that late, the roads abandoned, and he was rather tired. In fact, he was so tired that he almost missed the figure in front of him. Spencer's eyes widened as he slammed on the brakes, the car coming to a halt. A girl in a flowing white dress, which was tattered and dirty at the bottom with a veil tangled in her hair came running into the middle of the road. Spencer furled his brows, getting out of the car slowly. "Miss?"

You held up your hand, taking a few deep breaths. "Are you going into—" You caught your breath. "—DC?"

"Yeah but—"

"Sweet!" You opened the door, getting into the passenger's seat.

Spencer wasn't sure what he was doing. He knew that this could be a total rouse, and you could actually be a serial killer luring your next victim. But some odd sense of intrigue came over him as he saw,you for the first time, and he sort of just let you get into the car with no protest. Besides, it wasn't everyday that you saw someone in a messed up wedding dress on the side of the road at 1 am. "Uh, do you need help with the dress?"

"No! I'm good!" You had a massive smile on your face as you buckled your seatbelt in.

"So uh...what's your destination?"

"I have no idea, I'll figure it out."

Spencer looked puzzled. "What's your name?"

"Y/N Y/L/N."

"I'm Spencer Reid, nice to meet you..." He noticed how excited you looked. "Can I ask why you seem so...happy? I mean, you don't appear to have anywhere to be and—"

"Have you ever shattered every expectation placed on you and just did whatever the hell you want?" You looked at him, a glimmer in your eyes.

"I'm not sure."

"Try it some time, it's exhilarating." You rolled the window down, sticking your head out as the veil came flying off your head.

"That isn't safe—"

"There aren't any cars out! Besides, I never get to do this!"

Spencer sighed. "Just hold onto the handle."

"Sir, yes, sir!" You took in everything around you, feeling liberated from everything as you sped down the winding road with a totally random guy you met on the side of the road a few minutes earlier. You rolled the window back up, fixing the frizzed hair.

"Your dress is stuck in the door..."

"I don't care."

"But don't you need it?"

You snickered. "Not anymore." He looked puzzled. "I uh I sort of just ditched my own wedding...in New York."

His jaw dropped. "YOU RAN HERE FROM NEW YORK?!"

"No, no!" You laughed. "I got a ride from a friend until I got to around here then ran like 3 miles barefoot until I found this highway then walked along it until I found you."

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? You need to sleep."

"I'll be fine."

He paused. "Did you say ditch your own wedding?"