Fine Line Between Love and Hate

Summary: Spencer's conflicting feelings towards you come to a head when being forced to work with you on a case.

"Dr. Reid."

Spencer looked up, his face dropping. "Y/L/N."

"At least be polite and address me as Doctor as well."

"Dr. Y/L/N," he muttered.

You gave him an obviously fake smile. "I need the files for the Baker case."

"The case is still open." He didn't even look at you.

"I know."

"...So you can't have them. We're still working on it."

"False, the case has been given to my team."

He gave you a puzzled look. "What? Why?"

"You can't possibly expect the BAU to keep up with the constant cases and these underlying ones that are international. It's not even your job!"

"We do it better than you," he snapped back.

"If you did, we wouldn't be having this discussion."

Spencer grimaced. "Hotch has them."

"Well do you mind getting them for me?"

"You have legs."

"Astute observation."

Spencer folded his arms on the desk. "You're wasting an awful lot of time could be spending on saving the Baker family on talking to me."

You scoffed. "Bye." You snatched a pen from his desk.

"Make sure you give it back!"

"I won't!"

Spencer shut his eyes, taking a deep breath. "God, you really hate her." Emily raised a brow from her desk.

"She's arrogant and rude and—"

"I get it, Reid. Just try and keep personal feelings out of the workplace." Emily shrugged, going back to her paperwork.

"She started it," Spencer muttered, opening another folder.

You walked with a slight confidence in your stride, the case files in your arms. You leaned your hands on Spencer's desk, your face close up to his. "I'll let you know when we solve it."

"If."

"When," you replied sternly. "Ciao."

Spencer shook his head, going back to reading through the files.

"Drop what you're doing," Hotch said, emerging from his office. "There's been a major break in the Baker case."

JJ looked confused. "I thought the BAP took over that one..."

"They did, and what they found is something that neither of our teams could take on individually. Their team is also significantly smaller than usual since a few of them transferred to the IRT."

"What is it?" Spencer questioned.

"A lot, briefing room. Let's go." The team all glanced at each other, getting up and following him in. Spencer was thrilled to see you standing at the edge of the room with two other agents. "Dr. L/N, Agent Langhorn, Agent Stiles, thank you for coming."

"Of course, good to see you, Aaron." Stiles shook his hand.

"You too, Mark."

"I won't waste time on pleasantries," Stiles stated. "Y/N, go ahead."