...Or is he proposing?

Summary: Reader gets suspicious of Spencer, are they correct is the question.

Did he just suggest I get my nails done or is he proposing?

You giggled as you hit send, an immediate burst of texts flooding your phone.

JJ: OMG PLEASE CMON

Em: dude if reid balls(es?) up and does it, im gonna cry

Penny G: I CALL GODMOTHER

Em: you're already Henry's no fair

JJ: She's picking me, fools.

You: Guys, Spencer hasn't asked, I just...I feel it, ya know?

Penny G: RUN US THROUGH THE SIGNS RN

You: Well, we're going on a 'surprise' date tonight, I'm at the salon now after he suggested it, and he said I should look nice.

JJ: That could just be a normal dare....

Em: except this is Spencer Reid, and he's too shy to ever suggest such things. yeah?

You: Exactly, he's never been so particular.

JJ: SCREW THAT THEN, Y/N IS GETTING A ROCK!!!!

Penny G: 💍❤️😘

You: Ok, I'll keep you updated, ladies!

You smiled as you put your phone down with your free hand.

"Engagement?" The nail tech asked, smirking.

"I—I don't know."

She chuckled. "How many years together?"

"5."

"Oooh, yeah, I think it's almost a certainty."

Your cheeks grew hotter. "My stomach is flipping."

"Don't be nervous, save that for your wedding, babes." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Tonight will be magical, I promise."

You scanned your outfit in the mirror, hoping it'll look good on camera. "This should work."

What does one even do after getting engaged?

Do you tell people immediately? Is the date just over..? Like do you go home casually like mmk I guess we're getting married, wanna watch Netflix? Is the sex gonna be better? How does—

Spencer's signature knock interrupts you. You guys lived together, but he was out 'running an errand' before you left for the date and would come back to get you.

"Hey." You opened the door, smiling.

Spencer stepped inside, looking you up and down. "Hey yourself."

"Too much?"

"Just right."

You giggled. "So...where are we going?"

"Surprises are supposed to surprise you, Y/N." Spencer pulled a blindfold from his pocket.

"I did not realize you were into this." You raised an eyebrow.

His face went red. "No! I—I mean I'd be down, but I don't mean right now. Just...trust me."

You winked, putting it on. "Lead the way."

As you stood outside of the hole in the wall Thai restaurant where you first met, you quickly sent a text to the girls.

You: Did he just take me to where we met for the first time in years or is he proposing?