Ink

Summary: A strange encounter at the park leaves Reader and Spencer scrambling to find each other later on.
(yes another soulmate au bc I am obsessed w them)

Tattoos were something Spencer never intended to get. What if you regretted it later? What if it got messed up and stuck on you forever? So much could go wrong with a simple bit of ink stained on your skin. However, he had no control over this tattoo. Nobody did actually. Every person had the first phrase their soulmate said to them imprinted on their right forearm from the day they turned 13 until they finally found that person. Some got lucky with unique phrases that you don't hear often, immediately knowing it was them, their soulmate. Others got unfortunate but still unique phrases that were odd but still identifiable. And then there were people like Spencer, a simple 'Hey' on his forearm. Hey, hi, and hello were the 3 most common greetings among people, the amount of times someone had said 'hey' to him were countless, and it taunted him every single time. "Any luck today?" Penelope always asked.

"What do you think?"

She sighed. "It won't be long now."

"I've been hearing that phrase for 30 years and have gotten nothing."

Penelope shrugged. "Plenty more years left."

Spencer groaned. "I'm gonna go finish the report."

You didn't like your phrase either. "What are you doing?" That was the most general question ever and could be said by literally anyone at anytime at any place. All of your friends had cheesy pick up lines or specific sentences regarding lost dogs and whatever bull shit but not you. Nope, you get the most basic of basic phrases that makes you jump with excitement anytime you hear it said but to no avail...ever.

"What are you doing?" You whirled around, sighing as your sister appeared. "No, Y/N. I am not your soulmate."

"Shut up."

"Can I pretty please ask you for a favor?"

You paused. "What's the favor?"

"Could you watch Cora for the afternoon?"

"But children..."

"Y/N, she's your niece."

"But she's a child," you muttered. "Kids are...whiny."

"It's one afternoon, I think you can make it. Besides, she wants to see her Auntie Y/N."

You exhaled. "Fine."

"Yay! I'll drop her off at your place at 2."

"See you then." You got up, heading out.

"You feel like coming out with us tonight?" Penelope questioned.

Spencer thought for a moment. "I don't know."

"You could meet your soulmate." She poked his forearm.

"Alright, I'll go."

"Yay!"

"What time?"

"We're meeting at 6."

"That's pretty early for your standards."

"Henry complicates things."

"Will working?"

"Yep."

"Gotcha, I'll be there."

"Bye, Reid!"

"I'm bored."

"And I'm working."

"Aunt Y/N," she whined. "This is boring."