Feverish

Summary: After Spencer falls ill, Penelope seeks out Reader, his ex, to make sure he's alright when the team gets called away.

"Morning." Spencer trudged over to his desk, rubbing his eyes.

Penelope did a double take. "For someone as brilliantly handsome as you are, you look like shit."

"Thanks."

She walked over, placing the back of her hand on Spencer's forehead. "You're burning up."

"It's the sweater."

"Reid, it's 30 degrees outside."

"It's hot in here..?"

Penelope groaned. "You're pale, you have a fever, and your very wonderful eye circles are far more vibrant than usual. Get up, you're going home."

"I'm fine, okay?"

"No, you're not. Hotch!"

"No, Penelope—"

"Is something wrong?" He walked out of his office.

"No—"

"Reid is sick!"

Hotch glanced at him, eyeing him. "Go home."

"But I'm fine—"

"You haven't rattled off a single fact today, you're sick. Home. Now. Garcia, take him back."

"Let's go, kiddo."

Spencer grumbled something incoherently as Penelope dragged him off.

"Now, just sit down and—" Penelope paused, her phone ringing. "Hello? Oh, sir. Yeah, he's fine. What? Now?" She sighed. "Yeah, I'm coming."

"Do we have a case?" Spencer asked weakly.

"I do, not you. You're staying home."

"I can help—" He coughed.

"You're not helping, I'll call someone—"

"No, I can take care of myself."

Penelope nodded. "Call me if you need anything." She shut the door behind her, immediately calling you.

"Penelope?" You hadn't spoken to her in almost 2 years, not since you and Spencer broke up.

"Hey..."

"Is everything okay?"

"Spencer is sick, like crazy sick, and we've all got a case. I can't think of anyone else...could you make sure he doesn't work himself to death while being sick?"

You sighed. "I'll be there soon, go on to work."

"Thank you so much."

"Bye." You exhaled, running around to grab a few things you might need.

Spencer lay on the couch, a blanket wrapped around him, as he shivered, getting weird flashes of hot and cold at random intervals. You pulled the spare key from your bag, still not having given it back since you just didn't want to face him back when you two broke up. "Spencer?"

You heard a small rustling sound from his living room, walking over. "Y/N?"

"Hi."

"What are you—" He coughed. "—doing here?"

"Penelope sent me."