Interferences

Summary: Reader struggles with two unhappy family members when Spencer's job interferes with your daughter's recital.
(The revenge of Harper Reid from World War Reid)

"Mom! Mom!"

You turned around, putting down the whisk. "What's up, Harper?" Your daughter ran over, holding up a small paper proudly. "What is it..?"

She glanced at it. "Oh." The girl flipped it around.

You looked at it, carefully reading. "A ballet recital?"

"Yeah! I get to be the princess!"

"H! That's so exciting!" You picked her up, spinning her around. "When is it?"

"This weekend."

"Wow, they really plan far in advance," you muttered sarcastically.

"Huh?"

"Nothing," you replied quickly, smiling. "You should do your homework before dad gets back, you know he doesn't like when you procrastinate."

"Pro-what?"

"Just do it." You ruffled her hair.

"Okay!" Harper ran off, singing to herself about the upcoming performance.

The sound of the door opening startled you from where you were baking. "Boo."

"Ha. Ha. Ha." You turned around, crossing your arms.

"You've got a little something," Spencer said to you, walking over.

"Huh? Where?"

He pecked your lips. "There."

You rolled your eyes. Truthfully, everything he did still gave you the same level of butterflies as when you first realized you were in love with him. "How was work?"

"Good."

"Really..?"

"We had no cases," he replied, grinning.

"So you and Emily watched how many movies?"

He scoffed. "We did not." You raised an eyebrow. "Okay 2 and a half."

"Mhm, figures."

You sighed, moving some of the hair from his face. "When will you learn that I am the best profiler in this family?"

"Never."

"Wrong answer." You flicked his forehead.

"So, what's going on in here?" He wrapped his arms around your waist, hugging you from behind.

You smiled slightly, mixing the batter. "Penelope and I have a bet that I can bake better than her."

"Are you gonna win?"

"Well I'm sure as hell not gonna lose."

Spencer grinned, kissing your neck. "Atta' girl."

"Okay, no more distractions." You pushed him off. "I can't burn these or else I'll get Garcia taunted."

"Fine, fine."

"And do you mind helping Harper with her math? She seems to have inherited my brain when it comes to that."