Fight Club

Summary: Derek sets a reluctant Spencer up with a new fight training partner, who is far different from what Spencer expected...not that it was a bad thing.
Warning: Hand to hand combat

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," Spencer murmured quickly, grabbing his bag and heading to the door at a rather rapid pace.

"Slow your roll, pretty boy."

Spencer stopped, exhaling. "What?"

"You know exactly what."

He groaned. "Please don't."

"What's going on?" JJ walked over with Emily.

"Tomorrow is the annual Morgan-tries-to-teach-Reid-how-to-fight-properly-fest," Penelope spoke up, appearing from around the corner.

"Oooh," JJ winced. "Sorry, Reid."

"Help me please."

"No way!" Derek ruffled his hair. "You had a hand on hand fight a few weeks ago, it can happen. You gotta be ready, kid."

"You just leave me incapacitated for a few days."

"It's all with good intent."

"Can we just not do it this year or ever again?"

"No!" Derek and Emily exclaimed in unison. "What? It's entertaining," Emily mumbled.

Spencer sighed. "I really don't feel like taking a trip to the ER."

Derek thought for a moment. "What if I find you a partner who's a little more your level?"

"Is that even possible in the bureau?"

He grinned. "Sure."

"Alright...do that then."

"See you tomorrow, pretty Ricky."

"Uh yeah, see you." He headed out the doors, Derek smirking.

"Oh no," Penelope muttered.

"I need to make a call."

"So uh who am I training with?" Spencer walked in with Derek and Emily, looking around at the few people there. They all looked far too large for him.

"Back there." Derek pointed to a figure in a large hooded sweatshirt, punching at a dummy.

"My level?! He looks so strong!"

Derek chuckled. "I'd get a little closer."

Spencer furled his brows, narrowing his eyes on the figure. His eyes widened as you removed your hood, your hair falling out of the hood. "Derek Morgan!"

"Y/N Y/L/N!"

You jogged over, tying your hair back. "So you're Dr. Reid."

"Uh Spencer is fine..." He glanced at Derek, who was grinning like the Cheshire Cat. "Morgan, can we talk?" He asked in a sharp whisper.

"Just a sec."

"No problemo."

The two walked to the side of the room. "What are you doing?"

"You asked for a partner better suited to your level."

"Derek, she's tiny compared to me."

"Height doesn't matter, you're taller than me."

"I feel weird hitting her, I don't even know her."

"The whole 'no hitting girls' thing is so stupid," Emily spoke up, walking over. "You've fought female unsubs."