Chopped

Summary: Spencer needs someone to join him for a cooking class and enlists Reader, which goes downhill quickly.

"Please, please, please!"

"Kid, I'm not into cooking."

"You said yourself that neither you nor Savannah can cook, it's a good opportunity!"

Derek sighed. "I'm still not going to a damn cooking class with you, Reid."

He frowned. "Emily—"

"No way."

"Rossi..?"

"I'm offended that you think I need cooking lessons."

Spencer groaned, sitting at his desk.

"What's got you down?" You sat on the edge of his desk.

"Y/N! Do you know how to cook?!"

You snickered. "Not that well. That's kinda why I eat so many salads, it's just easy to make."

"Please go to this cooking class with me tomorrow!" He handed you a piece of paper.

You scanned it. "Yeah, alright."

"Yes!" He pumped his fists excitedly. "Thank you!"

"Uh yeah, no problemo."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6."

"See you then, chef Reid."

He grinned. "Until tomorrow, chef L/N."

"Get a room," Emily muttered.

"Bonsoir! My name is Chef Laurence Bardot, and I will be your instructor today."

You glanced around, the room full of people with their own cooking supplies, aprons, etc, while you and Spencer had nothing but the spare aprons from the back room that were giant on you and tiny on him.

"We are going to be learning to gnocchi."

"What's a gnocchi?" You whispered to Spencer.

"A sort of potato dumpling, it's Italian."

"Ahem." You and Spencer sheepishly stopped talking. "Take your stations with your partners."

"We got this, right?"

"Oh totally," Spencer mumbled, glancing at the variety of things on the counter.

"Okay uh you boil the pot."

"Easy enough."

"Peel the potatoes...alright." You took a knife, beginning to try and skin them.

"No! No!" Chef Bardot rushed over. "Like this." He removed a peeler, carefully going up and down. "You try."

"Like this?"

"Yes! Perfecto!"

You smiled proudly as he walked off. "See, Spencer? Perfect—fuck!" The peeler scraped your skin, a small amount of blood trickling down your hand.