If You Love It, Let It Go

Summary: Spencer knows what he needs to do to help Reader's career, even though they don't want to.

You burst out laughing. "Spencer, stop it!"

"Stop what?" He asked innocently, tossing more red and orange leaves at you.

"You're gonna get it!" You chased after him, knocking him into the pile. "Ha!"

Spencer's cheeks went pink when he realized you had fallen on top of him, a small smile on his face. "Get what?"

You paused for a moment. "This." Your lips softly connected with his.

Spencer relished every second that your lips were against his, the taste of the strawberry chapstick he always saw you using was even sweeter than he imagined. "Wow..."

You giggled. "I've been waiting 2 years to do that."

"So have I..."

"Can we do it again?"

"Please."

To say the least Spencer had never understood the phrase "on top of the world" until now.

He had been whipped for you since your meeting 2 years back when you became one of Strauss' assistants.

Was it the thrilling job you had hoped for?

Not even close, but it was a start at the bureau. You'd get there someday...hopefully.

Spencer had every confidence that you'd get promoted to a proper team, how could you not? He saw how your brain worked, how good you were at seeing things nobody else could, and how quick on your feet you were. It was part of why he found you so intriguing at first.

And now he finally had you.

After 2 years of aimless staring, attempted confessions, and frustration, you held his hand as you walked, pecked his cheek before you left a room, and joined him for dinner, sitting in the usually empty other chair.

It was everything Spencer had wanted.

So why was he starting to feel worse?

"Hey."

You put down your bag. "You're at my place..?"

"Yeah, we were gonna watch a movie, remember?"

"Right, sorry...can we reschedule?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Work," you breathed.

"What's wrong?"

"I feel like all I do is get people coffee and hand people folders when I should be out there in the field."

Spencer swallowed. "I know, it isn't fair."

You shook your head. "I'm just gonna go to bed."

"Alright," he whispered. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you."

Spencer exhaled as the door to your bedroom shut.

"Have you ever thought about transferring offices?"

You stopped drinking your coffee. "What do you mean?"

"Strauss obviously has zero plans for you to get a job up where you belong anytime soon...why not try a different field office?"

"That's insane."

"Why?"

"I'd be away from you."