A-List

Summary: Reader, a rising star in the acting industry, manages to sneak out from constant interviews and work for a night, encountering a relatively uncultured genius.

"Over here!"

"Y/N! Y/N!"

"Right here, Y/N!"

You smiled, the bright flashes of various cameras and cell phone lights practically blinding you as you kept the smile firmly planted on your face. You gave a small wave, lifting the front of your dress to avoid tripping as you slowly made your way off the red carpet. "Let's go, we have interviews with NBC and Access right now."

You nodded. "Right, of course." I just want a snack or something.

"So tell us Y/N, this is your first acting project, and you've already made it. How does that feel?"

"Well it isn't my first, I used to do theatre—" Your eyes met your manager's, who shook his head. "It's an excellent feeling, like all of the hard work me, my cast mates, and the crew put into this paid off."

"Eminence is arguably the most popular movie in America right now, thoughts?"

"I-It's incredible, it all feels like a dream."

"Now let's really get to what the people want to know."

You nodded slowly. "Uhm alright."

"There's rumors that you and co-star Amanda Berns don't get along."

What? "Uh no that isn't true."

"Are you sure? I mean, why wouldn't she be? You're a rookie actress who just landed the lead role in the biggest movie of the year."

"Amanda is Amanda, and I'm me. In fact, where did that even come from because we are actually great friends, I don't think spreading false information—" Your manager glared at you. "Amanda and I are close, the whole cast is."

"I see..."

You exhaled. Why can't I do anything right?

"Seriously, Y/N? Don't spread false information, did you really say that?!"

You sighed. "It wasn't true."

"So what?!"

"I don't want false information around my name."

"Listen to me, Y/N. You're in the big time now, not just a little stage actress from a small town in New York, you're on track to be an A-lister. People are gonna be jealous of your success, they're gonna try and shatter your entire reputation, but you cannot react. Ever. Are we clear?"

You swallowed. "Yes, sir."

"Now let's get going, you have another interview and photo shoot scheduled."

"Alright."

You sat in your DC hotel room, looking out the window. It was sort of weird to see your face occasionally appear on the screens just across from you. That was when you noticed something. There was no security at the doors to your hotel, they were on their break. You grinned slightly mischievously, creeping to the lost and found you had spotted in the laundry area earlier. You snatched a hoodie that nobody would recognize, slid it on, and headed out the back way. Oh sweet freedom. And so began your aimless journey around the nation's capital. You wandered through streets, turning corners, observing people, places, anything really. A taxi flew by, honking at another car as it zoomed through a large puddle built up on the corner, water splashing you. "Hey!" You flipped the guy off, your clothes dripping wet.