Just Pretend

Summary: Reader recruits an unaware Spencer to help spite their ex.

"F/N, you know that I love you, but I really don't want to go."

"Y/N! You've been putting off this party every year since we graduated. You told me last year that you promised you'd go this year!"

"That's because I had a boyfriend who I thought would go with me but proceeded to break up with me 2 days later!"

"You can meet a guy there or something."

"Parties aren't my thing, you know that."

F/N sighed. "So you're gonna go home, binge more crime dramas, and maybe stress bake again?"

You glanced at the flour and eggs in your shopping cart. "No..."

"You've gotta go!"

"I don't know...what if E/N (Ex's name) is there?"

"Then he'll see me, not see you, and realize that you're still lonely and sad."

"I'm not sad!"

"Put the mint chip down."

You groaned, putting the pint back in the freezer. "I'm not getting out of this, am I?"

"Not a chance."

"Excellent."

"I'll pick you up at 7, no promises for a ride home if you know what I mean."

"Unfortunately, I do."

"Look cute!"

"Yeah, yeah. See you then." You sighed, pocketing your phone and heading to check out.

"Oh good lord." F/N stood at the door, pressing their palm to their forehead.

"What?"

"I refuse to believe that you're wearing this to a party."

"It's a sensible outfit! Loose jeans because it gets tiring to walk around in all night, casual shoes to wipe puke off just in case, a light shirt for heat—"

"You sound like my grandma."

"Well I'm sorry that I plan ahead!"

F/N brushed past you, walking to your closet. "How many body-con dresses do you own?"

"Erm...none."

"Sweet Jesus, okay. Pit stop to my place!"

"Oh but I'm making—" F/N dragged you out the door. "—pasta..."

"These shoes hurt."

"You look hot, don't worry about it."

The creme satin hugged your body tightly, a square neckline with transparent but more puffed sleeves attached to it. "What if it gets cold?"

"I don't know, dance with someone to conserve body heat."

"But—"

"Oh damn, he's cute..." F/N poked their head out of the car. "Get out, I need to go talk to him."

"But—"

"Hurry!"

"Oh okay, I guess I'll see you later..." You fiddled with your hands nervously. "Bye?" You slowly made your way up the stairs, holding onto the railing a little too tightly. "Uhm excuse me," you murmured, a couple completely enamored in each other in your way. One swished you away. "Rude."

You walked inside, observing the room. It was hard to see anything amongst the chaos to be honest.

But it wasn't hard to see them. E/N.