Chapter 34

Liam's pov

I slowly blinked my eyes to open them and groaned in pain. My head and body hurts like hell. I feel like a truck has ran over me. I lift my right hand to massage my head but a sharp pain shoots on my right hand. I see a IV drip is attached to my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

What the hell happened to me. I slowly got up and sat leaning my back over my headboard. I looked down to see, I was not wearing my shirt. And was tugged inside the sheets. Then I looked around the room, it's still dark outside. I look at my left to see a figure sitting on the floor leaning on my bed with her head placed on her hands fast asleep.

I lifted my left hand and pushed her hair back to see her face. I was shocked to see Destiny. When did she come here? And main importantly what happened to me?

I heard my room door opened with lights on. I turned to my right and saw my mother coming in along with a tray. When she saw me sitting, she gasped and placed the tray on the table and ran towards me.

"Liam, finally you are awake. I was so worried about you. How do you feel?" she said sat on the bed and took my right hand gently.

"Not to good, my head and body hurts a little. And what you mean finally woke up. It's still midnight" I said totally confused.

"Oh dear" she bought her right hand up and caressed my cheek "It's not midnight son. You were unconscious for the whole day. You had a high fever when I came here in morning" she said.

"The whole day!" I said in a surprised tone.

"Shush! Be Quiet" she whisper shouted and looked at Destiny that I didn't disturb her and looked back at me.

"Destiny is sleeping, don't wake her up. She had been with you all day looking after you. She must be tired, so she fell asleep. I thought to bring her some dinner, she hasn't eaten anything when she has been arrived here from morning" she said.

"What happened?" I asked running a hand on my hair.

"The doctor said due to high fever you were unconscious. He had few questions to ask you but you were not waking up. The doctor said it must be from stress and lack of sleep. He put the IV drip so you can get the nutrients. Thank God Destiny came at the right time and informed to call the doctor immediately" she said.

"Why did you call Destiny?"

"I didn't know what to do, seeing you sleeping there not moving a muscle I panicked. Mellisa was not here and your father also. Nothing came to my mind that time. So I called her. She helped me taking care of you" mother said looking at her. I turned towards Destiny and looked at her beautiful face.

"Can you tell me what happened before you went to bed yesterday" my mother asked.

"From Saturday night, I was not feeling good. Headache was continuously bugging me. I had taken some medicine. Yesterday evening I was feeling slightly better. But I think yesterday rain made it more worse" I said.

"What it had to do with rain" mother asked me in confusion.

"I stood in rain for half hour before I went to bed" I said still looking at Destiny. I felt a sting on my thigh and looked at it to see that my mother had pinched me. I rubbed the the spot and looked at her. My eyes softened seeing tears in my mother eyes.

"You have to more conscious about your health Liam. I was so scared seeing you like that. I didn't know what to do. I was so worried about you. I thought about the time when we were not here and what you have went through. I was not there to look after you" she started crying silently. I rubbed her tears and held her hands.