Chapter 10

Liam's pov

Me and Alex are in my car driving towards the grocery store to pick up the items.

When he asked about Destiny, the elevator door opened and we went inside. I thank the Lord, because there were people in the elevator. I always use common people elevator. And he eventually forgot about the question he asked. He asked it because, I don't usually talk about females to him. I didn't do any relationship in these years because I didn't have time and I was not interested in them. But my mind usually think about the girl I knew in high school, and that's Destiny.

We made towards the grocery store, I parked my car and made our way inside. I started to pull the cart filling with the items I needed.

"Alex can you pick two packets of pasta" I asked him. He nodded his head and went to pick it up. I called Mellisa and asked her to not to prepare anything for dinner. I assured her to go back home.

I searched for few more items and placed it with others. It's been five minutes, there is no sign of Alex. I checked out the items and payed the bill. I waited for him for few more minutes but he didn't come back. So I went in search of him.

I found him talking to a girl, their backs were facing me. And in front of them, a see a girl moving her cart towards the cashier 'she seemed familiar'. "Alex, where the hell have you been. I was waiting for you" I asked him.

Hearing my voice them both turned towards me. "Sorry Liamy, did the baby missed his momma, where she had left him" he said and pouted at me. I saw that the girl is laughing at me. "Alex" I said in a warning tone glaring at him.

"OK cool down. Well change of plan Liam, we will be going to my friend's house because they invited us to their spaghetti party. Since we were having the same, why not just join them" he said and turned towards the girl and introduced her "This is Ava, we met at high school. But we ran to each other now" I nodded my head at her that I appreciate her presence.

Alex turned towards me and said to her "This is Liam Collins" hearing my name her eyes narrowed at me, my mind was confused because she looked at me like I committed a crime. I think she knows me who I am.

"So what do you think Liam, Ava and her friend invited us. Can we go?" I can see the pleading look in his eyes. So I replied "sure".

We made our way towards the entrance because her friend told them to meet her there.

I saw a girl making her way towards us. I immediately recognized her. Our eyes meet and asked the same question simultaneously "What are you doing here".

The girl was Destiny. My heart flattered to see she was the girl that Alex said to meet at the entrance. And I am going to her home for dinner.

'What a lucky day did you get liam' my heart asked.

'It's sure is a lucky day'

Destiny turned towards her friend and asked "What is he doing here Ava". Before her friend can reply Alex beated her and replied "Destiny this is my friend Liam, now come on everyone I am starving" he took Ava's arm started pulling her towards my car "Lead the way Ava "he said and went.

Destiny was seeing them leave. I saw that she was struggling to hold the bags in her hand. I reached towards it and grabbed the bags and started moving towards my car.

"I can carry my bags" I heared her say behind me. But I didn't reply, I just made my way towards my car. I pressed the unlock button to the car. I went back of my car to place the bags in my trunk.

After I finish, I went to the driver seat and opened to see that Destiny is sitting in the passenger seat. I smirked inside at the thought. I got in and started the car. I can hear Alex and Ava talking in the backseat. Destiny was giving me direction to her apartment.