Chapter 17

Destiny's pov

The work in London is more than compared to Philadelphia. Every single person here is working very hard. I think by tomorrow we would get the deal.

I don't even know what happened to Liam lately. Since the meeting had started he had become cold. He was snapping at everyone who would make a small mistake. His anger was raising for every minute.

He had took a glance at me and Luke for few times.

Luke was my project partner, he was a good friend I met in college. He loves teasing me. Even I met his girlfriend Gabriel few times. They both were best friends and labelled it as couples before he joined college.

It was evening already. Now they have left for break, I was having coffee in the cafeteria.

"I think no one is coming here" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw Luke stood beside me and pointed the seat across me.

"No, you can sit" I smiled at him.

As soon as he sat I asked "How is  Gabriel, Is she still your girlfriend". He smiled whole heartily and replied.

"She is super fine. And why wouldn't she still be my girlfriend" he asked raising his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at him "Because you are childish. I don't see why Gabriel still stays with you" I replied.

"Well she is not my girlfriend anymore" my mouth fell open at him but he continued wiggling his eyebrows "Because she is my fiance now".

"Really! Congratulations! When did this happen" I asked him excitedly.

"Just two months back. And we will be getting married in six months. You have to come. I will send the invitation when it arrives" he said.

"Looks like someone can't wait to tie the knot" I said playfully.

"Well love makes you like that" he shrugged but still he was smiling. "What about you any boyfriend"he asked.

Luke had set a few dates for me in college saying I don't want to die alone, typical him. But I didn't like it. He also stopped asking about it.

"No. And I think I don't need one" I said.

He leaned forward and whispered "Why don't you date your boss, he is seems good. And looks like he is also interested in you".

"No Luke, he is my boss and I am his employee. I like to keep it professional" I said to him, I mumbled the last statement like I don't wanna say that. "And what do you mean he is interested in me" I asked him.

"You will come to know soon. Do you know why he was cold in the meeting?" he asked. I shook my head as no.

"Then I won't tell you, you figure it out yourself" he said smirking at me.

I puff out at him and crossed my arms. He chuckled and got up.

"I have some work in my office, and my work here is done. I am leaving now" he stood up and asked "Give me your mobile" I gave him opening my lock. He typed something and soon his mobile started ringing. "Now I can call you anytime. Make sure you pick it up" I nod my head as he returned my mobile.

"Bye. And say my greetings to Gabriel" I said.

He nodded his head and went.

I stayed there few more minutes and went back.

When I went inside, seems like the atmosphere is better than before. Everyone one was already seated and Liam kept his face blank.

The meeting continued normally. It was very late when it was wrapped up for today. I was super sleepy, I think I didn't get enough sleep on the plane.