Chapter 21

Destiny's pov

I have so much more to do today. It's already Monday noon and I feel the pressure. Due to this new deal, the project had started it's work today. Now I know why this company is running successful from years. I appreciate it very well.

Today morning when I came to my desk. I found a bouquet of roses and a letter with it. It was from Liam. A smile was made on my lips. He had already come early and placed the flowers on my desk. It's very sweet of him.

I made his coffee and said a thank you to him for the flowers, for which his reply with a smile.

And the day went on. It was now lunch time.

Atlast I picked a plate of food and sat on a empty table.

I puffed out a breath and picked the spoon to eat. But I felt two people sat across me on the chair. I looked up and saw Alexis and Katie looking at me smiling.

"Looks like someone forgot us Katie" Alexis said with fake sarcastic.

I smiled at them and said "I didn't forgot you both. It's just there is lot of work to do and I didn't get the time" and started eating.

"Oh it's okay dear, Alexis is joking with you. We know how busy it is, because of the new deal" Katie said. I nodded my head.

"How was London?. Sir doesn't take anyone with him to any of his business trip" Alexis said confusingly. He really doesn't take anyone, then why me.

"Really! But he said, if you are my PA now, you have to come" I said.

Alexis face turned into a knowing look like she found out some mystery and started smirking.

"I know now why he is doing this" she mumbled but I heard it.

"What?" I asked her confusingly.

"Oh it's nothing. Shall we complete the lunch fast there is so much work to do" she said hurriedly. Katie shook her head smiling at Alexis behavior.

We ate the food and left to our own departments.

I started working again when I received a message that Alexis, that she was coming here. Few minutes later she came and stood infront of me.

"I have few documents which needs sir signature. I know it's your job, but I have to discuss something with him so I will take it" she said smiling sweetly at me. I laughed at her and said 'yes'.

He still didn't come back from the meeting.

"Wait Alexis" I called her when she was about to open the door. She turned and raised her eyebrows at me in surprise.

"Sir still didn't come back from the meeting" I looked at the time on my wrist watch and said "He would be back in fifteen to twenty minutes. Till then you can wait here".

She nodded her head. She came and sat beside me on the other chair.

"You didn't answer my question in lunch" I furrowed my eyebrows at her in confusion. What did she ask?. Seeing my questioning face she said "I asked how was London".

"Ohh.. That. It was good, we made the deal very fast. In two days we got the deal" I said to her happily.

She nodded her head but something was up. Like she was calculating something. And I was correct because her next question made me dumbfounded.

"If you both have finished it in two days, then what you did on the third day. Because it was three days business trip" she asked innocently.

I don't know what to say. "I..... we... " I looked down and released a breath. I think I have to answer her honestly. I looked at her who was waiting patiently for me to answer.