Chapter 45

Destiny's pov

I was in the hospital, in the waiting room. There was no one except me. My dad said the surgery will begin early. I didn't know, it would start at 8.30 in the morning. Both Ava and Harry are in the surgery now. I am alone and I am freaking out.

Liam had called me five minutes back asking my home address. I said him to come directly to the hospital and told the hospital address. Yesterday was great, after one week I saw Ava, she was so happy seeing me. I met Harry, he is a wonderful child. I hope everything turns out good. I spent the night in my home. I asked Amanda to come home. Nick my nephew has grown up.

My thoughts were cut off, when I heard my name being called. I looked up to see Liam making his way towards me. Immediately I got up from my seat and ran towards him. I met him half way, as I hugged him pressing my head against his chest. He hugged me back. He started to pull away from me.

But I didn't want to leave him yet. I grabbed his shirt at the back tightly not leaving him. He understood I was not letting him anytime soon, so he just hugged me rubbing my back. After few minutes, I left him pulling back a little and looked up at him. He bought his hand up and pushed my hair and held my cheek.

"Are you okay" he asked looking into my eyes. I nod my head and took his other hand and intertwined with mine.

"I guess. I was just freaking out since no one was there" I said and pulled him with me to where I was sitting and made him sit beside me.

"Where is Ava" he asked.

"They went in for surgery. I didn't knew it would be this early when my dad said early" I said playing with his fingers.

"Everything will be fine. Okay" he said rubbing his thumb on my hand. I nod my head. I heard footsteps coming. I looked up to see Alex coming our way with a cup of coffee. I instantly glared at him. He gave me the coffee cup and put his hands up.

"What's with the glaring, I didn't do anything" he said sitting across us. I looked away and started drinking my coffee. I knew what he did, Ava said me.

"Princess what happened. Did he do anything to you" Liam asked.

"He didn't do anything to me. But to Ava" I said looking at Liam. Seeing his face, I immediately calmed down. I don't know if it is for worrying about Ava and her brother or about Alex.

"What did he do"

"He ignored her calls for whole week. When she talked about it to me yesterday, she was so sad. She thought she did something to him to ignore her calls. She was so worried about him. And here he is like, everything is okay" I said glaring him. He looked down feeling guilty.

He should be, he made my friend sad.

"She wanted a friend to talk about it, she thought about him and called him. And he didn't pick the call" I said. He didn't say anything just sat there. I looked at him to give me the answer but he didn't. After few seconds he got up and left. I signed leaning my head on Liam shoulder.

"I am sorry. I am just stressing out. I have gone a little too far talking to him like that, didn't I" I asked looking at him. He took my cup and placed it far from us. He made me sit on his lap sideways.

"You didn't do anything wrong. Someone has to do that to him, and you did. Even I asked him why didn't he pick the calls, he remained silent. He has to figure it out by himself about it" he said rubbing my knee. I put my one hand on his chest and leaned my head on his shoulder

"Where are Ava's family" he asked.

"They wanted to come but Ava declined it. It's very difficult if both her parents stop working. She said she will manage. I don't know how she will do. Their parents are very worried. I asked her whether I can help, she just scolded me in return. I have asked my sister to look after them. My father has already appointed Amanda as their nurse" I said.