Chapter 25: Yule Ball Preparation

After my night with Severus, I woke up to an empty bed. He must have left sometime before others joined the room. The thought made me slightly sad considering how much I love sleeping next to him, but it's understandable. The past few days have been filled with alot of unwanted drama leaving me with leftover exhaustion and irritation. I knew this wasn't going to be easy walking into it, what else would I expect?

Me, Zoe and Hermione were walking down the streets of Hogsmeade looking for dresses. Obviously I want to impress Severus, afterall this is a ball. As expected, he will probably wear the usual black top, pants and cloak. That is, until I get him out of them. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Zoe spoted a nice boutique so we all went in. Entering, we are greeted by a lovely lady. She had dark brown hair with 2 blond stripes on the sides pulled back with a beautiful clip. She looked familiar but I couldn't quite point a finger as to why.

"Hello lovelies, welcome in... My name is Narcissa Malfoy if you need anything, dont hesitate to ask." She said so politely and formally. Malfoy. That was Dracos mum. Shes soo much..... different then her husband and son. Shes graceful and kind, not to mention very beautiful.

We begin walking around the shop at all the dresses. Hermione finds a beautiful flowy pink dress suitable for a princess.

"What do you guys think? Too much?" She asked us, but we quickly denied her accusation.

"Absolutely not! That looks ravishing on you mini..." I say to her. Mini is a nickname I gave her back in year 1. She continued admiring her dress while I checked up on Zoe. I was quickly in awe at the sight of this angel in front of me. She had on a long white satin dress, form fitting but not to clingy, barely hovering over her perfectly sculpted body.

"Oh my god, Zoe. Look at you!." I said as I admired the breathtaking dress...
"That's the one. If you don't buy it I will kill you." She laughed at my meaningless threat. Once the two had purchased their dresses they looked back at me standing still, arms crossed.

"Aren't you getting a dress, Y/N?" Mini asked me as she walked closer. I didn't even realize she was speaking to me at first due to my lack of concentration.

"Hm? Oh yes. I am. Just not here." I replied to her. She raised an eyebrow before looking back at Zoe. They both looked and sounded worried, but I brushed it off. We left the store and headed down the walkway again before arriving at the store I wanted to go into. It was a very dark themed store with lots of black and grey colors. Perfect for my tast.

We walk inside and are greeted once again by the lady at the front desk. Zoe and Hermione quickly run off upstairs to admire all the dresses. My eyes automatically locked onto a dress.

My dress.

It was absolutely everything I was looking for. Sexy, eye catching pluse some. I could not keep my eyes off of it. I had been looking at it for so long, I didn't even realize the worker standing next to me with a big smile.

"The dress is calling you." She said to me. I looked at her with a widened jaw.
"Would you like to try it on dear?" The woman said to me as she took it off the hanger. I just nodded my head unable to speak. She guided me to the dressing room. It was a large circular room with a small stage in the middle. I went to one of the rooms and the kind lady helped me into the dress. I almost cried as she slipped it over my body and tied it up. For the first time, I felt like a true woman. Not a girl or a child, not even a student. A woman.

Once she finished tighing the corseted back, she guided me out of the room and onto the stand. The second I looked at myself in the mirror I started crying. It was not my intention to cry over a ball gown, but I couldn't help but get emotional at how exquisite this dress was. Soon after Zoe and Hermione walked into the room, instantly gasping.