Chapter 44: The Forbidden Forest

The night started off slow. Considering everyone was already in bed, we were the only ones awake. Sneaking out of the school was going to be a hard task indeed, especially with professors scouting the halls. But it's a task we could very well conquer. After all, this isn't the first time we have snuck out.

Fred was the first to step foot into the forest. George followed close behind him, waving at the rest of the party to follow. Doing just that, I stepped into the forest. The first thing I noticed was how quiet, yet extremely loud it was. The only noise in the forest was that of the swaying trees, animals off in the distance and the occasional hoot of an owl. When I looked behind me, I expected to see Hermione and Zoe hand in hand giggling like normal. But that was far from reality. Instead, Hermione was tucked under Ron's arm, Harry on his other side while Zoe was beside them examining the forest and beyond. She didn't even glance towards Hermione. Not once.

"Just a bit further" Fred called out from the distance. "I know a nice pond we can gather round".

After roughly 5 more minutes of walking, Fred guided us all around a dark pond with tree stumps surrounding it. It was obvious this wasn't his first time at this spot.

"Is this where you take your mates, Fred?" Zoe giggled at him.

"My mates? God no! A man like me doesn't have mates. When I'm with a girl, I like to-" George cut him off, "No one wants to know about your intimate endeavors Fred." We all laughed.

"Very well. Alrighty then, who has the truth serum and who has the buz?" George asked, looking around at us.

"I've got the serum, Harry has the Alcohol." Fred said with a proud smile.

Something about all of this felt very wrong. But at the same time, right? It was like a sudden adrenaline rush knowing I was doing something I obviously shouldn't be doing. I'm already in too deep, what's the harm.

Harry started the night off by passing around the bottle of Whisky. I watched as each of my friends took a sip, scrunched their faces from the intensity of the liquid then pass the bottle to the next. When it was my turn everyone stared at me.

"What?" I asked. Fred and George looked at each other and smirked.

"You're not going to do it, what with Severus up your ass all the time." George said.

"What? No, I'm going to."

"Then do it." Fred smirked again.

"She won't." Harry added in.

Everyone around besides Hermione began chanting, Do it Do it Do it.

I rolled my eyes and tossed the bottle back, taking in three giant gulps. The firey liquid passed down my throat with a tingle before settling to my stomach.

"Yeeeeeeah." The twins said in unison.

"Alright, so this is how it's going to go. Each of us are going to spin a bottle. Whoever the bottle lands on must take a tiny sip of the truth serum, than be asked a question." George explained before emptying the remainder of the bottle into his mouth and placing it on the grassy ground before us. In an instant, he turned the bottle and let it spin before it landed on Harry. Harry smiled as he took a tiny bit of the vile into his mouth.

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Who do you currently have a crush on?" George asked him.

Harry's face went pale. His eyes widened as he looked at the crowd- His eyes landing on Ron.

"Go on now, Harry. Who?" Ron asked his friend.

"Uh.. Ginny." Harry said as his cheeks burned red.

Ron stayed staring at Harry, only his facial expression had changed. He looked mad, infuriorated actually.