Chapter 38: The Funeral 2

Morning came quicker then I would have liked. The sun shining bright through the window of Severus' chambers. As much as I wished this day would never come, it's time to face reality.

I turned to Severus, still sleeping soundly. It was still rather early and we didn't have to leave until mid day so I decided to make up some breakfast.

Making sure to be silent, I lifted myself from the bed and grabbed a robe off the edge. I pulled it tightly around my naked body to keep warm, then I left for the kitchen.

I found some eggs and bacon in the fridge, Typical. Then I grabbed the loaf of bread from the cabinet. Pulling out a pan, cracked the eggs into it and sprinkled them with some salt and pepper. While that was cooking, I started on the bacon. Putting them into their own separate pan and waiting for the sizzle.

Lost with cooking, I hardly noticed the person coming up from behind me. Severus wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his head into my neck.

"Morning sleepy head." I said happily. He let out a long, strained groan as he dug his face deeper into my neck.

"I'm making breakfast." I said again, gesturing to the food before me.

"I see. Anything I can help with." He asked in his still tired, scratchy voice.

"You can prepare the toast. But first a kiss." I said as I put down the spatula and faced him. Wrapping my arms around his neck. He put his hands around my waist and grabbed onto my hip bones before gently pressing his lips to mine.

"Good morning beautiful." He said, smiling down at me.

Once he pulled away he unwrapped the bread bag and pulled out two slices. He proceeded to butter them while I platted the food. The whole room smelled wonderfully of bacon, my favorite. Once everything was ready I put the plates on the table, then went to the fridge again to extract some orange juice.

We sat across from eachother, the same way we did the night before, as we indulged in our meal.

"How are you feeling?" Severus asked me through a mouth full of bread.

"I'm feeling well. A little nauseous before but now I have food." I said with a big smile.

"No silly. I mean about today." He said, putting down his food and eyeing me carefully.

"I... I'm not to sure how to feel really. I think I've grown numb to the pain." I spoke honestly to him, sending him a smile of assurance.

Once we were done with our meal, we both headed into the bedroom to get changed. Severus wore his usual dark pants, dark buttoned up shirt minuses the robes.

"I knew you didn't really have anything, so I got you a dress yesterday while you were in here." Severus said as he handed me a black dress.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that though. I was just going to wear the same one I wore to grandpas funeral."

There were those words again.

Funeral

No matter how many times people spoke it, or I thought about it. Nothing could compare to the feeling of when you yourself says it. It makes everything sound so... Real. The numbness that I had been feeling, the past night aswell as morning had gone away. I stared down at the black dress in my hands. It was like a trigger. Everything hit me at once.

Loss.

Pain.

Emptiness.

It felt real. It was real. I was going to my grandmas funeral. Her grave will be right beside my grandpa's and parents. In just a few short hours, I will be standing in front of my family. My dead family. From the sudden unexpected rush of emotions, I slid down the wall of his room. I hid my face between my legs as I hugged myself. Sobs of sadness filled the air.