Chapter 30: Anxiously Waiting

Crammed into the bathroom of my grandmas home, me and Hermione waited patiently for the results. I grew more and more anxious as the time went bye. This has got to be the longest 5 minutes of my life I thought to myself, sweat was pouring down my face. A knock at the door startled us both.

"Y/n, Hermione, are you two alright in their?" Severus called out to us. I looked at her, frightened and unable to speak. She let out a squeak and with her shakey voice said "W...were fine, be out in a minute." And with that, he walked back downstairs. I had to sit down on the toilet before I threw up from my all to new nerves. "So... If its positive?" Hermione asked me, fiddling with her fingers. She appeared almost as nervous as I was. "I guess I'll have a baby then." I said still choking back vomit. "Do you think your ready? To be a mum that is?" She asked me, now sitting on the floor beside me. "I.. I'm not sure really." I replied.

A few more minutes went bye. It had now passed the 5 minute mark, but we were to nervous to look. I was torn between excitement and complete terror. Am I ready to be a mother? Is Severus ready to be a father? I mean, hes still a professor. What will people say if they found out he had impregnated someone, much less a student? We haven't even married yet. "I think its time." Hermione said, getting up and inching towards to upside down test.
"You read it, I cant." I said to her, suppressing a panic attack. Hesitantly, she picked up the test and turned it around.

I watched her face as she studied it, her emotions showed nothing, not even a hint of a reaction.
Then she turned to look at me.
"Its Negative." She said, a smile creeping across her face. I let out a sigh of relief as I stood up and took the test in my hand. "Oh my God. I can't beleive it. Its negative." I said before letting out a soft laugh. She pulled me into her arms and held me tight. I couldn't help but feel sad at the same time. I could have been pregnant, with Severus' child. But I pushed that sadness away knowing we have plenty of time in the future.

Once I had hidden the test, we left the bathroom and went back downstairs. Severus was making tea as we walked into the kitchen.

"Everything alright?" Severus asked me as I walked behind him and wraped my arms around his shoulders. "Everything is just fine." I said to him with a big smile. He returned the smile and kissed me on my forhead before handing me a cup of tea. "Here you go, I though you might want some warmth. And I made you one aswell, Hermione." He said to the both of us as we all took seats around the table.

"So... Might I ask what you two were doing in the. Er. Bathroom?" Severus said, cocking and eyebrow up as he glanced from Hermione to me.
"Having alittle girl chat." I responded quickly. It was quite obvious that he was fumbling around with confusion, but he quickly brushed it off not wanting to know just what 'business' I was referring to. His face erupted with a light rosey blush as he looked away.

"What's wrong, Severus?" I asked him, trying to catch his gaze. He looked up at me for a split second, emotions falling to nothing before standing up and leaving the room. Hermione looked at me with one of confusion. She didn't say anything as I got up to follow him. I quickly lost sight of him, but only thought him to be in my room so that's exactly where I searched first. As I opend the door, I saw him sitting in my bed with his hands on his knees firmly. He looked up at me and smiled softly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, making my way to sit next to him. Before I could say anything else, he turned towards me crashing his lips into mine. Startled at first, I looked at him with wide eyes, tho quickly relaxed into his touch as butterflies erupted inside me. He swiftly slipped his tongue into my mouth and danced around with mine. When he pulled away, he looked at me with lust filled eyes.

"You are stunning Y/n." He said, eyes locked on mine. "What's this about Sev?" I asked him. Although the lump forming in his trousers told me exactly what it was about.