"Pretend"

CHAPTER 11 - Part 1

Irene POV:

I failed. Lisa moved backward the moment we almost kiss.

"Irene please.. J-just leave me alone for now." She said. And it honestly breaks my heart.

I miss her kiss.. I miss the way she holds me. I miss everything when we're alone together. I miss you so much babe. But I will just ignore this pain for now.. I swear, I'll make things back to where it is supposed to be.

"Okay.. Take care of yourself. I will give the space you needed. I won't show myself if that's what you wanted. I'll stay in our house for a few days but I'm hoping one day you'll call me and talk to me and we'll gonna try to work our relationship again for the second time around. I love you so much babe." I told her and turned my back. I guess she's speechless that I wasn't able to wait for her response. I just leave the studio in silence.

When I'm already inside my car, that's when my tears fall continuously.

Be strong Irene Bae. If you're always like this, you can't win her back.

My other self told me.

I wipe my tears and started the engine.

I'm about to leave when I received a message.

"This number again.."

I opened it and saw photos of me and Lisa at the studio. The photos are in the angle that looks like we kissed.

I quickly dialed the number but as expected it cannot be reach.

"Whoever you are.. Are you trying to help me? To help us? For what this photos?" I asked as if only that person is in front of me.

My feet take me at the bar. I'm at the parking now. But I promise myself not to drink too much or else I'll badly mess up!

Incoming call...

"Wendy?" I answered the call before I'll go down.

[On-going call]

"Wendy-yah.. How are you?"

"I'm fine.. Wait I'm the one who should ask. How are you?" - Wendy

"I'm fine. Honestly, I'm trying to be okay."

"That's right.. Cause nothing will happen if you keep on crying. You have to think what the right thing to do.. Okay?" - Wendy

"Yes.. I will. Don't worry too much."

"Good girl. So, where are you now?" - Wendy

"I-I'm in our house." I answered lying.

"Hmmm are you sure? Can you take photo that you're really in your house?"

"Wait a minute.. Speaking of photos.. Are you the one sending me?!" I curiously asked.

"Photos? What photos?" - Wendy

The way she asked, I guess it's not her.

"N-nevermind. Where are you?"

"I'm in my cousin's house." - Wendy

"Okay.. I have to go.. Thanks for the call Wendy-yah.. I'll just update you through chat."

"Good! You're welcome. Bye Irene-yah! Take care best.. I love you!" - Wendy

"You too! I love you!"