"Freedom"

CHAPTER 14 - Part 1

Third-person POV:

Jisoo is holding Rosé's hand. It is shaking. They're dialing Rosé's sister account to have facetime with her family.

"Love relax.. I should be the one who's nervous here." Jisoo said reminding her girlfriend.

"I can't help it, love. It's the time that we've been waiting for." Rosé response. Her hands are sweating.

"I know.. But you have to relax if you want to tell them everything that you want to say." Jisoo cup her girlfriend's face.

Rosé inhales and exhale.

They are connected now.

[On-going facetime]

"Hello, Chayoungah! Sooyah!" Rosé's family greeted first.

They wave their hands.

"Mom.. Dad.. Unnie.. How have you been?" Rosé asked trying to calm down. They're still holding each other's hands but it cannot be seen on the camera.

"We're fine.. But we're sad to know that you went to New Zealand but wasn't able to come here in Australia." Her sister said while her parents nodded as a sign that they agreed.

"Ohhh about that, I'm so sorry. I already told you before. We just visit our friend Jennie since she badly needed our support at that time. Sad to say there's an emergency to the company that I have to go back to as soon as possible. Anyways, don't worry. We're already processing our papers to visit you there and spend a long vacation but before that, we have to tell you something very important." Rosé explained. Jisoo is caressing her hand to keep her calmer. Rosé looked at her and her girlfriend gave her a go signal by bowing her head.

Her family are waiting.. They focus on looking at Rosé.

"Kim Jisoo is my girlfriend!" She instantly said and put up their hands. Jisoo was shocked. She's expecting a kind of emotional moment.

Rosé closes her eyes.

Shit! Please talk y'all! Hope they'll understand. Hope they will accept us.

Rosé keep talking on her mind. Her eyes are still closed.

"Dear, you mean that's the very important thing you'll tell us?" Her mom asked. Slowly Rosé opens her eyes and puts down their hands. Her family doesn't look surprised.

"Finally! Chaeyoung Rosé Park had the bravery to tell us! Even though it's too obvious and we've already accepted you years ago!" She said that makes her shocked. She can't believe this. She has the same reactions as Jisoo.

"You mean?" Jisoo wants to hear it clearly from them. They nodded and her mom started to talk.

"At first way back on your high school days, we, of course, think you two are just best friends. The three of you including Jennie Kim, right? But time passed by, you're getting closer to each other. You fight not the usual friends who are fighting. Maybe you think we didn't notice but we do. You're both not interested in boys and haven't a boyfriend yet so what else we'll think? I asked your sister if she knows something but she didn't. She only told us she felt the same way about the two of you. We've waited for the right time that you'll tell us. And finally, that time came." Her mom shared.

Rosé tears fall.

"Why you didn't ask me, mom?" She asked sobbing.

"Because we want you to have the courage to tell it to us. And now you prove how strong both of you are. And I know you do love each other." Jisoo cry with Rosé.