Chapter 3

When Finley woke up on Monday morning, he first thought that it was all just a dream and his mother would storm into his room and got him out of bed roughly. Instead, there was a gentle knock on his door and Kelly entered. "Good morning, buddy, did you sleep well?" Kelly said, sitting on the edge of his bed. Finley stretched and sat up. Kelly pulled up the blinds and kissed Finley on his forehead. "We have to go to the firehouse a little earlier today, Connor will drive you to school." Kelly smiled. "Okay" Finley nodded. When Finley came downstairs, Kelly, Matt, Stella and Sylvie were about to leave the house. " Have fun with Fleming." Finley grinned. "Who is Fleming?" Kim asked. "A journalist from the Chicago Sun who will be with them for the next 4 weeks." Finley explained. Jay handed him a bowl of cereals and Natalie gave him an orange juice. "So, what's on your schedule today?" Will asked. I have math, history and English today." Finley said. After breakfast Finley got himself ready and Connor drove him to school. "Thanks for driving me." Finley said as he got out. "Always a pleasure and have fun at school." Connor said and drove to Med.

After School Finleywas supposed to come to the firehouse, but never showed up. Kelly was gettingworried about him because he was never that late. "Chief, Finley hasn'tcome yet, it'll be ok if I'm gone." Kelly asked. "Sure, leave yourradio on and take your team with you." Boden said. Kelly nodded and ranout of the office. "Squad 3, we're going on a little trip." Kelly saidand went to the Squad truck. "Kelly, what's going on?" Stella askedworriedly. "I don't know, Fin hasn't come yet, I just want to make surehe's not in trouble." Kelly said, jumping onto his side of the truck."Keep us up to date." Matt said. Kelly nodded and they drove off.They drove to his school, his training ground and all his favorite places, butno sign of Finley. Kelly announced over the radio, that they will do one laststop at Finley's home and Cruz called the police for support. The boys fromSquad 3 arrived at the same time as the Intelligence. "Whathappened?" Voight asked. "I don't know, Finley to come to theFirehouse after school but he never showed up, I'm just worried that he couldbe in trouble." Kelly said. "Ok, now calm down, are you sure he'shere." Jay asked. "I'm not sure but we couldn't find him anywhereelse." Kelly said. "What about friends?" Lindsay asked. "Ifhe's at a friend's house, he would call me and let me know, he's notcoming." Kelly said. "Okay, we take a look and you guys waithere." Voight said. Suddenly they heard a loud bang.