Chapter 5

"Kelly, he's awake, wants to see you." April said, leading Kelly into the room. April knocked and opened the door. "Finley, your brother is here now." April said and let Kelly enter. "He's still a little battered from the anesthesia." April said. "Kelly" Finley said. "I'm here buddy." Kelly said and grabbed a chair. "You scared me a lot." he said. "I'm sorry." Finley said. "Shh, it's okay, it's all over." Kelly smiled and ran his hand through his hair. Then Connor entered the room. "Hey, I heard you're awake, how are you feeling." Connor asked. Finley shrugged his shoulders. "We let him in the intensive care today and if he's feeling better tomorrow, he'll come to the kids' station and now try to get some rest." Connor smiled, squeezed his cheeks and left the room. "I want to go home." Finley said scared. "You can come home soon." Kelly smiled. Tears stream down Finley's face and Kelly sat right next to him and hugged him. "Hey, hey, it's all right, I'm here." Kelly tried to calm him down. "I'll stay here, I won't leave you alone, I promise." Kelly whipped tears from his face, stroked his hair and kissed his forehead.

The Intelligence Unit start investigated the shooting in Finley's parents' house. "Okay, everyone, listen up, I just got a call from Med, Finley is awake and responsive, we can talk to him, Jay and Adam you go to Med." Voight said. Jay and Adam grabbed their jackets and drove to Med. Finley had a visit from Kelly and Matt from when Jay and Adam came into the room. "Hey, how are you buddy?" Adam asked. "My stomach still hurts a bit, but otherwise pretty good." Finley said. "What do you think, do you feel able to answer a few questions for us?" Jay asked. "You want to know what happened in the house." Finley said. "What do you remember from then?" Adam asked. "Every single second, and I'll never forget it anytime soon." Finley said. Kelly stroked through his hair and wiped the tears from his face. "Mom and Dad went out like every night and we kids were home alone." Finley said. "And who was with you?" Adam asked. "Cameron, Evan and Elena." Finley said. "Then what happened?" Jay asked. "I was in my room doing homework and studying for a math test, when Elena came into my room and said I should come down to the basement with her. Then I went to the basement with her and there was Cameron with a gun in his hand and Evan." Finley said. "Do you know, where they get the gun from?" Adam asked. "My Dad has a whole locker in the basement." Finley said. "Do you know if he has a gun license?" Jay asked. Finley shrugged his shoulders. "Okay, don't worry, we'll find out, what happened then?" Jay asked. "Cameron and Evan had an argument about who could hold the gun while Elana was holding me, then suddenly the shots broke off and you know the rest." Finley said. "Do you know where they are?" Adam asked. "My guess is Jason, Dad's best friend." Finley said. "Do you know where he lives?" Adam asked. "If I did, I would tell you but I have no idea." Finley said. "Okay, that's it for now, we'll find them." Jay said, squeezing Finley's shoulder. "We'll get back to you when we got any news." Adam said and left the room with Jay. A few weeks later, the Intelligence Unit found Finley's parents and siblings by the friend Jason. His father got sentence to 25 years in prison because he hadn't any licenses for his guns and his brothers Cameron and Evan were sentence to juvenile prison in terms for dangerous physical harm, and Kelly has been given sole custody of Finley.