Chapter 51

A few months have passed and the twins are developing well. The two are now 4-month-old. Today Finley had his last day of school before the summer break. "I'm home." Finley called as he walked through the door. "Hey buddy, we're in the living room." Kelly called. When Finley came into the living room, Kelly and Stella were sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Man, you guys look like hell." Finley laughed and sat down on the couch. At that moment you could hear the babies cried from the baby monitor. "Okay, now I know why you look like hell." Finley smiled. Stella sighed and was about to get up, but Finley held her back. "No, no, I'll do it." Finley said and went upstairs. "Hey you two, fancy playing with uncle Fin?" Finley asked his nephews and got a smile and a laugh back from both. "All right, good choice, come on then." Finley smiled and picked them up. When he turned around, he saw Kelly standing at the door. "Next time, I'll better turn off the baby monitor." Finley said and Kelly took one of the boys and gave Finley a kiss on his forehead. "I'm proud of you." Kelly smiled. The four went downstairs and Finley put the twins in their playpen. "How's your preparation for the tournament in 2 weeks going?" Stella asked. "It's going pretty good, we'll have training next week on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday." Finley said. "How many teams are in the tournament?" Kelly asked. "10 teams from 5 continents." Finley said. "And where are the teams come from?" Stella asked. "China, Japan, South Africa, Tunisia, Italy, UK, Venezuela, Brazil, Canada and from the US." Finley said. "Which other team from the US is there?" Stella asked. "I'm not sure, either LA or Atlanta." Finley said. "Nervous?" Kelly as key, ruffling his hair. Finley shrugged his shoulders. "A little bit, I mean, it's not my first tournament, but it's my first tournament with international teams." Finley said and played with his nephews.

2 weeks later

When Finley woke up and came into the kitchen, Stella was feeding the twins. "Good morning" Finley said, getting a fruit juice from the fridge. "Hey, good morning, did you sleep well?" asked Stella. "Yeah, where are the others?" Finley asked. "Connor, Will and Natalie had to go to Med, the night shift had one emergency after another and they needed support, Adam, Kim and Jay were called by Voight for a new case and the others are still asleep." Stella said. At that moment Matt and Sylvie came into the kitchen. "Good morning" said Matt and Sylvie. Matt made coffee for everyone and Finley got a bowl of corn flakes. "Are you ready?" Matt asked. "I'm a little excited, it's my first tournament with international teams." Finley said. Sylvie smiled and gave him a kiss on the head. At that moment Kelly came into the kitchen. "Good morning, sleepyhead" Finley grinned. "Good morning" Kelly said, making himself a cup of coffee. "The little ones kept you busy that night" Matt said. "Lincoln and Micah apparently were having fun" Finley said, pointing at his nephews, who were both laughing. When Finley finished breakfast, he cleared everything, grabbed his sport bag, and rode his bike to the tournament grounds. Kelly, Stella, Matt, Sylvie and the twins came to the tournament to cheer on Finley. Suddenly Kelly was nudged from behind. When Kelly turned around, Isael was standing in front of him. "Hey, what are you doing here?" asked Kelly. "His big brother Alexander is taking part in the tournament with his team" said Claudia, who joined with Miguel.

When Finley came out of the dressing room with some of his teammates and saw his brother, he just had realized what had happened. He also realized that if Kelly wasn't there for him, he might not be alive now. Everything was finally as he dreamed it would be. No violent parents, no annoying siblings who accidentally wanted to kill him, and no teachers and ex-wives who have allied. A normal life with his brother and friends and to Finley there is nothing more important.