Chapter 27

4 weeks later

When Finley and Cole came to the fire station after school, the vehicle hall was empty. "Is the hall always empty when you come?" Cole asked. "Not all the time, but sometimes for sure." Finley said. "Okay, and what are you doing if they're not here?" Cole asked. "I'll sit in the common room and watching TV or do my homework." Finley said. "You said your brother works here, right?" Cole asked. Finley nodded. "Aren't you afraid that he might not come back?" Cole asked. "Sure, I'm worried, but you learn to deal with it." Finley said. Suddenly they heard something rattle. "What was that?" Cole asked. "I don't know, come on." Finley said, running to the door. Tuesday lay innocently on the couch in the common room and looked up when the boys entered, but in the kitchen, it looked like a tornado had raged and a shadow passed behind the stove. "Finley, I think they're coming back." Cole said, waving him over. Finley ran into the vehicle hall. "In our defense, we just arrived here about 2 minutes ago." Finley said, before they could get out of their trucks. "What happened?" Boden asked. The two boys pointed to the common room. When they saw the chaos in the kitchen, they had to laugh. "Gallo and Ritter, that's on you." Boden said. When the two boys turned around again, they took a few steps back. In front of them, out of nowhere, was a corgi puppy, tail waggling excitedly. "Okay, where did he come from?" Finley asked. "Tuesday found him outside the station." Gallo said. "Okay, and you still want him to train to become a fire safety dog because she finds everything." Finley said. Tuesday barked in agreement. "See, Tuesday agrees with me." Finley laughed. "Another question, who is your friend?" Stella asked. "This is Cole, he is new in my class and just wanted to know, how it works here." Finley explained. "Well then, come with me, I'll show you the station." Shay said and took Cole with her. "Is that the boy who comes to school in a suit and tie?" Otis joked. "I don't have a good feeling about him." Finley said, watching Shay going into the conference room with Cole. "What do you mean?" Matt asked. "I don't know, it's just a gut feeling." Finley said. "And what does it tell you?" Kelly asked. When Shay and Cole came back, he suddenly had to leave. "Thanks for the tour but I have to go home now, I'll see you tomorrow." Cole said. Finley, who was still standing in the common room entrance nodded and eyed him. "Yes, see you tomorrow." he said. "Your friend is kind of weird." Shay said and sat down to the others. "He's not my friend and now you'll excuse me for a minute." Finley said, following Cole outside. In front of the station, Finley watched as Cole talked to a man and then got into the car with him. "What are you doing?" Kelly asked, who suddenly standing behind him. "I have a feeling he was just spying on the station, he got into someone's car who he was very familiar with." Finley said. "Did you know the person?" Kelly asked. "Yeah, he picked Cole up from school a couple of times." Finley said, walking back with Kelly to the others.