Chapter 41

"Hey guys, I should say Thank you for helping yesterday from everyone." Finley said when he got to school the next morning. "You're very welcome and anytime, just let us know." Lucas said. "And now some bad news, I won't come to soccer training anymore." Finley said. "Why not?" Kyle asked. "Because I go home after school to help with packing and cleaning the house and to clean out the stuff, which we don't need anymore." Finley said. "Don't worry Fin, we understand." Darius smiled. "When is the moving company coming?" Aiden asked. "In 4 weeks, but we also have a few things to do and run errands." Finley said. "Are you already excited?" Sydney asked. "Yeah, a little, some things will change when we moved, but there is one thing that will always stay the same." Finley smiled. "What would that be?" Kyle asked. "No matter what will happen, we'll always be best friends." Finley smiled and put his arms around Aiden und Adan. After school, Finley didn't go home as usual, but went straight to Med. "Hey Fin, what are you doing here?" Maggie asked when Finley walked into the emergency room. "Hey, nobody's here, I thought you were busy with moving?" April asked, who now joined them. "Hey, yes we are, but nobody knows that I'm here and please do me the favor and don't tell anyone." Finley begged. "Okay, are you, all right?" April asked. "Not really, but I don't really want to talk to you guys about it, please don't get me wrong." Finley said. "No worries, who do you want to see?" Maggie smiled. "Is Daniel here?" Finley asked. Maggie made a short phone call. "He's in his office." Maggie said. "Should I come with you?" April asked. "No thanks, I know where it is." Finley smiled and walked to the elevators. April and Maggie watched after him worried. Finley knocked on the door and entered. "Ah Finley, what can I do for you?" Dr. Charles asked, who was sitting behind his desk. "Do you have a minute?" Finley asked. "Yes of course, come take a seat." Dr. Charles said. "But please don't tell anyone what I'm telling you now." Finley said. "You know that I'm subject to medical confidentiality, as long as you don't give me permission, nobody will find out from me." Dr. Charles smiled and sat down next to Finley. "What's going on, I've noticed for a long time that something is bothering you." Dr. Charles said. Finley took a deep breath. "I've had these pictures in my head for weeks that just won't go away." Finley said. "You have flashbacks, right?" Dr. Charles asked. Finley nodded. "I can't sleep at nights, sometimes I cry in bed." Finley said, fighting back his tears. "Okay, but there has to be something else." Dr. Charles said. Finley looked at him and tears rolled down his face. "Hey Fin, what's going on?" Dr. Charles asked worriedly. Finley wiped the tears from his face and took a deep breath.

"A single motherlived with her two sons a few doors down from my parents' house. Her name wasAnnabelle, her sons were called Harvey and Henry. The older of the two, Harvey,was my best friend back then, we did everything together." Finley said ina shaky voice. Dr. Charles put his hand on Finley's shoulder. "Take yourtime." he said. Finley took another deep breath. "Anyway, I was 4years old at the time, Kelly was on shift and he couldn't take care of me atthe time because the Chief, who was replacing Boden at the time, didn't allowvisitors at the station." Finley said, tears rolling down his face."I was at Harvey's house and we were in Harvey's room playing, while Henryand Annabelle were in the kitchen baking cookies." Finley said. "Whathappened then?" Dr. Charles asked gently. "Harvey went into thekitchen to get us something to drink when the doorbell rang." Finley said,starting to cry. Dr. Charles pulled him close and hugged him. "Shall wetake a break?" he asked and gave Finley a glass of water. Finley shook hishead and took a few deep breaths. "Then all of a sudden I heard gunshotsand ran out of the room." Finley said, taking a sip of water. "Iwatched my best friend get shot and killed by a Man." Finley said in ashaky voice. "I was rooted to the spot and couldn't move, when he saw me,he aimed his gun at me and tried to pull the trigger, but he was out ofammunition." Finley said and couldn't hold back the tears anymore."Hey, look at me." Dr. Charles said in a soft voice. Finley wiped thetears from his face and looked at him. "Did you tell anyone aboutit?" Dr. Charles asked. Finley shook his head. "Maybe you won't hearthat, but I think you should at least tell your brother, listen to me, Kellyloves you more than anything and he's worried about you." Dr. Charlessmiled. "That's why I don't want to worry him anymore." Finleysobbed. "If you want, I'll come with you, then you won't be alone."Dr. Charles suggested. "It's okay, I'll talk to him when he gets home fromwork." Finley said. When Finley calmed down a bit, he left the Chicago Medand went home.