Chapter 14

After a 2-hour flight, the two landed in New York City. After they got their suitcase, they got into a taxi and drove to their hotel near Time Square. When Kelly checked in, the lady at the front desk gave him a few flyers for sightseeing and a map of the city and the subway. The room was huge and had a beautiful view over Time Square. Finley lay down on the bed and fell asleep a few minutes later. When Kelly came out of the bathroom and saw his brother asleep on the bed, he realized what had happened over the past few months. He kissed his cheek, covered him up, and lay down on his side of the bed. He texted Matt that they had arrived safely, turned off the light and fell asleep. When Finley woke up the next morning, Kelly wasn't there. "Kelly?" Finley called, still half asleep. "Good morning, buddy" Kelly smiled. Finley rubbed his eyes and sat up. "What do you want to do today?" Kelly asked, placing the flyers on the bed. Finley looked at the selection. "Can we go to Central Park?" Finley asked "Sure" Kelly said, putting the flyer in his pocket. After breakfast they made their way to Central Park. They went to the Central Park Zoo and then took a walk along the Hudson River. Finley sat at an empty picnic table and Kelly got them an ice cream. "Can I ask you something?" Finley asked. "Sure" Kelly said. "How was your dad?" Finley asked. "You know, my dad never really understood what it meant to be a father, he left us when I was 13 or 14." Kelly said. "Where did he work?" Finley asked. "He was also in the fire department, drove with Chief Boden on the Squad truck and later went to the Fire investigation" Kelly said. "Is that why you're a firefighter?" Finley asked. "Yeah, but never really had another choice" Kelly said. "Do I have to be a firefighter, too?" Finley asked. "No, you can be whatever you want, I'll always support you" Kelly smiled. Finley nodded. "Now I have a question" Kelly said. "And what?" Finley asked. "Why are you at International Sports School?" Kelly asked. "Dad always wanted us to be successful in sport, that's why he used to go to the park with us and play soccer and baseball with us, when I started school, he sent us all to this school and I did Apparently the talent to be a great soccer player" Finley said. "Is that what you want?" Kelly asked. "Not really, but I enjoy it and I have a lot of friends there and I want to play as long as I can." Finley smiled. After dinner, they went to their hotel room and watched a few movies on Kelly's tablet before going to sleep.