Chapter 15

The rest of the week, they visited various sights, sport stadium and shopping centers. For the last day, Kelly planned something special. After breakfast they went to their room and Kelly handed Finley an envelope. "What's that?" Finley asked. "Open it." Kelly smiled. Finley sat on the bed and opened the envelope. Two VIP passes came to light for today's soccer game New York City FC against New York Red Bulls. "I saw you play and I thought maybe you'd be interested in seeing a game in the stadium." Kelly smiled. "Thanks." Finley said and hugged his brother. "You're very welcome." Kelly said. "How did you get these?" Finley asked. "We wrote to the club and explained the situation to them, and they sent us the tickets, but there is more in the envelope." Kelly said. Finley looked again in the envelope and took out a letter. As Finley read the letter, his eyes lit up. "Are you serious?" Finley asked. Kelly smiled and nodded. The letter says that Finley will walk onto the field with a New York City FC player and that a Meet & Greet with the entire team and staff of New York City FC is planned after the game. They were met by a lady in front of the stadium. "Are we late?" Finley asked, looking around. "No, you're actually a little bit early." the lady laughed. "I have one more surprise for you." Kelly smiled. "Hi, my name is Daisy and I'll be your guide all day today and answer all of your questions." Daisy smiled. "What's the surprise?" Finley asked impatiently. "What do you think about if you can warm up with the team." Daisy said, handing Finley a gym bag. Daisy showed Finley where to change and went then with him and Kelly out to the stadium, where the players were inspecting the pitch. Daisy introduced Finley to the others and explained how the day is going. "As I said, you can take part with the players today and we will accompany you with the camera, we will then send you all the pictures and videos, then you can show off to your friends." Daisy laughed. Kelly watched from the sideline and chatted with Daisy and the head coach. Everybody was amazed about Finley's soccer skills and to see him play. "How long have you been playing soccer?" one of the players asked. "Since I was 3 years old." Finley said. After warming up, Finley waited in the players tunnel with Kelly and Daisy. Finley was allowed to run in with the team captain and before kick-off he was allowed to make the first touch of the ball (similar to the first pitch in baseball). Then they watched the game from the VIP lounge. New York City FC won the game 2-1. After the game, the players came to the VIP lounge and signed Finley's jersey and took photos with him. In the early evening, Daisy took Kelly and Finley to the exit. Daisy had a little present for Finley, 2 of today's match balls, one signed by New York City FC and one signed by New York Red Bull. Back at the hotel they watched a movie and then went to bed early.