Chapter 40

"What happened here?" Finley asked when he got home from school the next afternoon. "The living room looked like a bomb had hit. "We have already started to clean out everything that we no longer need." Stella said. "I thought we would have three and a half months left until we move." Finley said confused. "Yes, but you have to start packing and clean out your stuff early because suddenly the day is here and you haven't finished anything yet." Kelly explained and kissed him. "You can start in your room too and put everything you no longer want or need on your bed." Sylvie smiled. When Matt came into Finley's room a few minutes later, all of Finley's clothes from his closet were on his bed. "We actually thought in this case, just the clothes that you no longer want or that are too small for you." Matt smiled. Kelly came into Finley's room too. "I hope you know that you still need your clothes or do you want to run around naked now." Kelly laughed. "Yeah, I know, but I want to have my own clothes." Finley said, sitting in his beanbag. Kelly knelt down next to Finley and Matt struggled through the clothes. "What do you mean, you want your own clothes?" Kelly asked. Finley looked at his clothes. "These are not my clothes, they belonged to my brother, but they were too small for them, so they gave them to me." Finley explained. Kelly and Matt looked at each other. "Okay, you know what, as long as we live in here, you are wearing those clothes, and we keep shopping some new clothes, so that, when we move into the new house, you have at least a few new clothes to wear." Kelly smiled. Finley nodded and helped Matt and Kelly to clean up.

3 weeks later, Finley invited Darius, Lucas and Kira over to help him clean out. "Ah, the cleaning colony has arrived." Adam joked. Finley shook his head and laughed. "Where are Kelly and Stella?" Finley asked. "At the gynecologist." Kim said. "Ah, yeah, right." Finley said. "Do you think you'll find out the baby's gender today?" Kira asked. "I don't think so, but if so, I don't want to know before the baby is born." Finley said. "You really don't want to know it; you can't go to buy baby stuff than." Natalie said. "I know, but I think it's more exciting not to know." Finley said. Then Kelly and Stella came through the door. "Hey, the cleaning colony is already here, too." Stella laughed. "Not funny." Finley said, rolling his eyes. "And what did the gynecologist say, everything all right?" Jay asked. "Yes, the baby is fine and developing well." Stella smiled. "Do you already know what the baby's gender is?" Connor asked. Finley covered his ears and closed his eyes. Kelly eyed his little brother with a smile. "He doesn't want to know the gender until the baby is born." Will smiled. "Don't worry, we won't find out the gender until the next appointment." Kelly smiled and kissed his head. "Why don't you go upstairs and get started, I'll be right there to help you." Kelly said. The kids nodded and went upstairs. A few seconds later, the Kids came back downstairs and Finley was carrying a box. "What's in there?" Finley asked. "I don't know, didn't you take a look?" Kelly asked. "It's got your name on it and it's taped." Finley said, setting the box on the coffee table. Kelly took a pair of scissors out of a drawer and opened the box. "Okay, that's very interesting what's inside the box." Finley smiled and took an album out of the box. "Kelly Severide High School Yearbook." Finley said, handing it to Kelly. "Oh, I totally forgot about the boxes, it's good that we clean up." Kelly laughed and flipped through the yearbook. "There are 5 more boxes with your names on it, I guess it's the same inside as in Kelly's box." Finley said. "Yes, you guessed right." Will laughed. The kids went back upstairs and Kelly followed them a few minutes later with some boxes. "All right, you can put the other boy's boxes over here and the rest of the stuff, you think we can use somehow, you can put in the boxes here." Kelly said. "What about the stuff we no longer need?" Finley asked. "You can leave them on the shelves." Kelly said. Kelly and the kids spent the whole afternoon, cleaning the attic so that only the were boxes left, which they will move." When Finley's friend picked up by his parents in the late afternoon, Finley sat on the couch with the others. "When does the moving company come to pick up the first boxes and furniture?" Finley asked. "In 4 weeks, until then, most of it has to be packed and the furniture ready to transport." Kelly said. "Oh man, we've got a lot to do then." Finley said. "Yeah, but the worst room is finish now, you and your friends did a really great job." Kelly smiled and gave him a kiss. "What about the basement?" Finley asked. "That's Jay, Adam and Will's job." Kelly laughed.