Chapter 6

In the meanwhile, Finley has been transferred to the children's ward. Today he had a visit from his best friends Darius, Aaron and Lucas. "You can be heard all over the hospital." Kelly laughed as he enters the room. "We're sorry." Aaron said. Finley turned off the TV and placed the remote on the table by his bed. "How was the Call, have you saved everyone, of course you have." Finley asked. "How did you think I came from a Call." Kelly asked. "Okay if you not came from a Call then maybe you already practiced for Christmas." Finley grinned. Kelly laughed. "I just wanted to check on you and see if everything is fine." Don't worry Kel, I'm fine and how's it going with Mr. Fleming?" Finley asked. "He's no longer with us." Kelly said. "What happened?" Finley asked. "There was a little incident on that last call." Kelly said. "What did he follow you into a burning building." Finley laughed and Kelly looked at him approvingly. "You serious?" Finley asked. "We didn't even notice that he was gone until we pulled back, then Borrelli noticed that Fleming wasn't around, that's why I look like that now." Kelly explained. "Okay, and how is he doing?" Finley asked. "We'll see, he's in the ER now, that's why I thought I come and see if everything is alright." Kelly said. "Connor said that I can be discharged on Friday if everything is fine until then." Finley said. "Well, that sounds great, I'll come back tomorrow after shift then we can talk about it." Kelly smiled. Then he left the room and Finley switched on the TV again.

Finley has been home for a couple of weeks now and everyday life has returned to normal. Finley sat in front of the TV and played a video game while the adults prepared dinner. "Ok Fin, I'm sure you still have homework to do." Kelly said. "Come on, just one more game." Finley said. "You already said it about 2 games ago, you can play again tomorrow." Kelly said. "It's Friday, why do I have to do my homework now?" Finley asked. "I'm sure you want to enjoy your weekend and don't have to think about doing homework." Kelly said. Finley rolled with his eyes and turned off the TV. "I can't get rid of the feeling that you've been more worried about me since the incident than you were before, I'm alive and I'm here, there is nothing you have to worry about." Finley smiled. "Homework, now!" Kelly said and pointed upstairs. Then there was a knock at the door. "Can I at least open the door?" Finley asked a bit annoyed. He went to the door and opened it. A woman was on the other side. "Sorry, we're not buying anything." Finley said and closed the door. When it knocked on the door again, Will went to the door and opened it. "Can I help you?" Will asked. The woman didn't answer him, she just gave Will a photo. The boy on the picture was about Finley's age and looked a lot like him. "Are you looking for your son?" Will asked. The woman pointed to Finley. "Um sorry, there must have been a misunderstanding, this is Finley." Will said. Then the woman left and Will closed the door. "That was scary." Finley said and went upstairs to his room to start with his homework."