Chapter 33

"Hey, we heard what happened to Finley, is there any news?" Herrmann asked. "Dr. Marcel said that it would be a miracle, that Finley survived the first night well, he was put him on the transplant list, now we only can wait." Stella said. "How's Kelly doing?" Cruz asked. "He's trying to be strong for Fin, but of course he's worried about him." Stella said. "And how are you doing?" Herrmann asked. Stella, Sylvie and Matt looked at each other. "To be honest, not much better." Sylvie said. "Okay, I know that your thoughts are somewhere else right now, but we still have a job to do here, I want everyone to be focused, when we're out there, Kelly will skip today's shift, I'll replace him." Chief Boden said at the morning meeting. The mood at breakfast was rather sad. The shift went smoothly with only one call. After shift, Sylvie, Stella and Matt drove to Med to check on Kelly. "Hey, is there any news?" Matt asked. "Yes, Fin's scores have improved a bit, but he's condition are still critical." Kelly said. "But that's good, right, I mean at least a little bit." Sylvie said. "How was shift?" Kelly asked. "It was a quiet shift, we only had one house fire, we should give you our best regards from everyone." Stella said. "Listen, you've been here for four days now, don't you want to go home and take a shower and change?" Sylvie asked. "Don't worry, we'll stay here until you're back." Matt said. "All right, I'll be right back." Kelly said and gave Finley a kiss on his forehead. The Intelligence Unit has now gotten answers and Jay and Adam wanted to bring Kelly up to date. When they got to Med, they only met Stella, Sylvie and Matt. "Where's Kelly?" Jay asked. "We sent him home so he could take a shower and change his clothes." Sylvie said. "Okay, because there is some news about the motive." Adam said. "Okay, let's hear then." Stella said. "Shouldn't we wait for Kelly." Adam asked. When Kelly returned a few hours later, Jay and Adam were still there. "Hey, did something happen?" Kelly asked. "No, don't worry, we have news about the motive, but first tell us how Fin's doing." Adam said. "His values have improved slightly, but his condition is still critical." Kelly said and sat down by the bed again. "That's good, doesn't it?" Jay asked. "Well, I can't sign it like that." Connor said who has now joined them. "What do you mean?" Kelly asked. "Fin's values have improved slightly, but it is still a long way, his condition is still very critical, we have to wait and hope." Connor said. "Well, then I hope you've got better news." Kelly said, taking Finley's hand. "Brittany and Hope worked together and told Fin at school that Kelly was killed during a call and that we didn't want him with us anymore, so Fin had to stay with Brittany." Adam said. "And what does Hope have to do with the whole thing?" Matt asked. "I think Hope just wanted revenge on me." Kelly said. "What do you mean by that?" Stella asked. "When Hope was working on the station with us back then, she fell in love with me, but we were already in a relationship and I told her that too, but she kept trying and also tried to get rid of you." Kelly said. "Anyway, anyone got their fair punishment, Brittany wanted us to take her son with us, I mean I feel sorry for the little one, but she tried to kill Fin, but we found a very lovely foster family for him." Jay said. "And the most important thing is now that Fin will recover again, Jay, Kim and I took the rest of the week off and we will stay with Fin, then you can go back to work for a little and get a clear head." Adam said. Kelly looked to his friends and the nodded. "Ok fine, but if there's any news..." Kelly said, but got interrupted by Adam. "Then we will get in touch with you and now get the hell out of here." Adam laughed. Kelly gave Finley a kiss on his forehead and left the room. "Make sure he turns it off, we'll take care of Fin." Jay said to his friends. "We'll keep an eye on him." Stella smiled. "We'll be in touch when there's any news." Jay said.