Chapter 48

"Hey, are you okay?" Stella asked when Kelly and Finley walked into the room. "Yeah, everything's fine." Kelly said, grabbed a chair and sat next to the bed and Finley sat on Kelly's lap. "I heard that you knew that we're going to have twins." Stella smiled. "Yes, but if one of you now reveals the gender, I swear none of you will ever meet the babies." Finley said and the others laughed. "How was your fishing trip?" Sylvie asked. "It was so boring." Finley said. "How so? Weren't you lucky?" Stella asked. Finley shook his head. "Maybe we'll have better luck in summer." Kelly smiled and stroked through Finley's hair. "Doesn't work, I have that big Soccer tournament during summer." Finley said. "Oh yeah, right, if you found a new team by then." Kelly said. "I thought my new school has a soccer team?" Finley asked. "How did you get into soccer anyway?" Stella asked. "Yes, that's not exactly the typical American sport." Sylvie said. "You may not believe me now, but that was the first and last time my parents were interested in me." Finley explained. "Wow, that really happened?" Matt asked. "Kelly already knows the story, I told him when we were in New York, Dad took us boys to the park and played soccer with us, I guess, unlike my brothers, I had the talent and my dad sent me to this sport school." Finley explained. "Is that what you wanted?" Sylvie asked. "I didn't really have much of a choice back then, but honestly, I like it." Finley said. A few hours later, Matt, Sylvie and Finley went home, while Kelly stayed with Stella. When they got home, Finley sat on the couch and watched TV, while Matt and Sylvie prepared dinner. "Matt, Sylvie can you come for a minute." Finley called. When the two came into the living room, Finley was watching a scene in which a couple are getting married in the hospital chapel. "Couldn't we organize that for Kelly and Stella too?" Finley asked.

The next morning Kelly woke Finley up. "I thought you were in the hospital with Stella." Finley said, rubbing his eyes. "Yeah, but remember, we still have an appointment at your new school today." Kelly smiled, ruffled Finley's hair. Kelly pulled up the blinds and Finley crawled under the covers. "Okay, what do you say if we both go and get an ice cream after we're visited your school." Kelly suggested. Finley sighed and came out from under the covers. "Hey, what's going on?" Kelly asked. Finley shrugged with his shoulders. "Come over here, tell me, what's going on?" Kelly asked, putting his arm around Finley's shoulders. "I don't know what's wrong with me, it's just, too much has happened in the last few days with the house move, leaving my old school and now Stella." Finley said. "Hey, listen, Stella is doing well, same with the babies and I know a new start isn't that easy for a kid, but I promise you something, we will always be there for you." Kelly smiled. "You've told me that now for the thousandth time." Finley smiled. "I know and I'll keep saying it when you need it to hear." Kelly said. Finley smiled thankfully. "So, come on, get dressed and then come down for breakfast." Kelly said. Finley nodded and Kelly left the room. "Did you sleep well?" Sylvie asked when Finley came into the kitchen. "Yeah, I've finally got my bed back, thanks Matt." Finley smiled, sitting on one of the bar stools. "You're welcome, bud." Matt smiled. After breakfast, Kelly and Finley made their way to Finley's new school.

The school was a lot bigger than Finley's old school. "Good morning, I'm Mr. Allen, the assistant principal, welcome to our Sport Academy." Mr. Allen greeted them. "Good morning, I'm Kelly Severide and this is my brother Finley." Kelly said, shaking hand with Mr. Allen. Mr. Allen showed them the school and training grounds. "I heard you play soccer, right?" Mr. Allen asked. Finley nodded. "May I ask which position you play?" Mr. Allen asked. "I'm actually a striker, but I haven't played since I was diagnosed with Asthma." Finley said. "Oh okay, that might sound a bit strange, but we're looking for a goalkeeper right now, maybe you'd be interested." Mr. Allen smiled. "What, but I've never stood in a goal before, that was always either my brother or his friend's job." Finley said and Kelly and Mr. Allen smiled. "Don't worry, we have the best goalkeeping coaches here, they'll help you with everything you need to be a good goalkeeper." Mr. Allen smiled. "But I didn't even have a goalkeeper outfit." Finley said. "You don't have to tell me right now; you have a week until school starts and I'm sure your brother would help you." Mr. Allen said. Finley looked at his brother and Kelly nodded. After the tour, Kelly and Finley drove to the mall. "So, what exactly are we doing here, I thought we're going to eat ice cream?" Finley asked. "Yes, but first I thought we could get you a pair of goalkeeper gloves." Kelly smiled. "No Kel." Finley said, holding his brother back. "What's going on?" Kelly asked. "I'm not a goalkeeper, I've never been in a goal in my entire life, I'm a striker, what if I fail in goal and everyone hates me afterwards?" Finley asked. "I'm sure no one will hate you just because you concede a few goals." Kelly smiled. "Where do you want to get that from?" Finley asked. "Because the school has a great cohesion, the school wins and loses together and nobody is to blame for the failure." Kelly smiled. "How do you know?" Finley asked. "I did a little wise and also spoke to your future coaches, the school lives by the motto; one for all and all for one." Kelly explained. "All right, but you have to practice with me." Finley said. "I promise, come on." Kelly smiled and the two of them went to the mall.