Chapter 28

When Finley came to school the next morning, Cole was already waiting for him. "Good morning, Finley, can you hand this letter to Chief Boden?" Cole asked, handing the letter to him. "What's that?" Finley asked. "You will find out that soon enough." Cole grinded and went into the building. Throughout the day, Finley was unusually calm. "Hey Fin, is everything's fine, you're so quiet?" Phoenix asked after school. "Sorry, I just can't get yesterday out of my head." Finley said. "Why, what happened?" Kyle asked. "Cole was at the station yesterday, he wanted to know how it all works there and today he's giving me a letter which I should give to Chief Boden." Finley explained. "What do you want to do now?" Darius asked. "I suppose I'll talk to Kelly and show him the letter." Finley said. "Good idea, but now, Mr. Large will kill us if we are late again." Lucas said and went to the training area with his friends. "Hey, hey, Hey, what's the matter?" Kelly asked when his little brother came home from training. Finley stormed into the apartment, tossed his school bag in the corner, ran upstairs to his room and slammed the door. "What was that?" Natalie asked. Kelly shrugged his shoulders and went upstairs. "Hey, what happened?" Kelly asked as he walked into the room. "Leave me alone." Finley said and crawled under the covers. "Won't you tell me what happened?" Kelly tried again. "No, just leave me alone, please." Finley said from under his covers. "You know, if you want to talk, you can always come to us, we're here for you." Kelly said and left the room. Finley came out from under the covers and sat on the edge on his bed and cried. "So?" Kim asked when Kelly came back downstairs. "He's hidden under his cover." Kelly said. "What do you want to do now?" Stella asked. Kelly shrugged his shoulders. "I told him if he wants to talk, he can come to us anytime." Kelly said and put the meat on the grill plate. When Finley came downstairs, Jay and Connor were setting the table. "You're just right, the meal is almost ready." Kim smiled. But Finley didn't listen, he went to his school bag and took out the letter he got from Cole. "You want to know what happened, here read it yourself." Finley said, handing the letter to Matt. Matt scanned the letter and couldn't believe what he was reading. "Where do you get it?" Matt asked, horrified. "Cole gave it to me this morning." Finley said in a shaky voice and wiped the tears from his face. Sylvie took the letter from him and Matt tried to calm Finley down. "51 should be closed!" Sylvie said and Stella choked on her water. "Say that again." Kelly said and Sylvie handed him the letter. "There's something else." Finley said. "What is it?" Adam asked. "I was kicked out of the team today; I can still join the trainings but no more tournaments and championships games." Finley said. "Why that?" Will asked. "Mr. Large gave the two new players precedence because they're supposed to be better in that position than me." Finley said. "You mean Mr. Larges sons?" Jay asked. Finley nodded, wiped the tears from his face and sat down at the table.