Chapter 10

At Firehouse 51, they were about to eat lunch when the alarm went off. "Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51, Ambulance 61, Explosion at Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave." Kelly and Matt looked at each other. "Finley went with two friends to the Navy Pier." Kelly said. A few minutes later, 51 was the first who arrived at the scene. The met Darius at the entrance. Chief Boden made an overview. "Darius, where are Aaron and Fin?" Kelly asked worried. "We were at the back of the Pier, I think Finley broke his wrist, Aaron is with him." Darius said. Chief Boden divided everyone into teams and sent Darius to Ambulance 61. In the meantime, more ambulances, firefighters and the police have arrived. Finding survivors proved difficult as the buildings could collapse at any time. "Fire Department, call out." all the firefighters shouted. When Aaron heard the voices, he made himself known. "We're here, hey, over here." Aaron yelled. When Otis and Mouch reached them, they were relieved to see them both alive. "Hey, are you guys okay?" Otis asked. "I think I broke my wrist." Finley said. "Can you stand up?" Mouch asked. "I think so." Finley said. A first aid center was set up in front of the entrance, where the injured were prepared for the transport to the hospitals. Shay received the two boys and Otis and Mouch went back to look for more injuries. Finley was taken to Med for a closer look at his wrist. "We need an X-ray of the hand" Dr. Choi said. After the X-ray was taken, Dr. Choi had good news. "It's just a simple break that heals on its own, April you prepare everything for a plaster" Ethan said. "Sure" April said. "Does anything else hurts?" Ethan asked. "My knee, I think I must have hit it when I fell" Finley said. "Well, let's see, then" Ethan smiled. He pulled Finley's pants up to his knee. "That just looks like a scrape, does it hurt?" Ethan asked, pressing his knee. Finley shook his head. "Okay, I'll let April know to clean the wound and bandage it" Ethan said, and left the room. A few minutes later, April came back into the treatment room and put the plaster on Finley's Hand and cleaned the wound on his knee. "Do you know where Kelly is?" Finley asked. "No, he has not shown up here yet, maybe he is still at the scene" April said. Finley holding back his tears. "Hey, he will come soon." she smiled. "So that's it, before you leave, you have to come over, so I can sign on your plaster." April smiled. Just as April was about to leave the room, Maggie came in. "Kelly is here, can he come in?" she asked. "See I told you." April laughed. Maggie waved Kelly over. "Hey, are you okay?" Kelly asked and hugged his little brother. "Yes, his wrist is broken and he has some scrapes on his knee, but otherwise he got away safely" April said. "I'll tell Ethan you're here, so he can finish the discharge papers" Maggie smiled.