Chapter 25

When Kelly came outside with Isael, Brett wanted to take Isael to check on him. But Isael clung to Kelly's gear and didn't want to let go. "The little one is clinging to you pretty tight." Brett smiled. Kelly looked at his Chief and he nodded. Kelly went to the Ambulance with Brett and sat down with Isael on his lap. "So, what's your new friends name?" Brett asked, listening to the boy's chest with the stethoscope. "Isael." Kelly said. "Hi Isael, I'm Sylvie." she smiled. In the meantime, Chief Boden and Matt joined them. "He is really clinging on it." Matt laughed. "He has slight rattling noises when breathing, we have to take him to Med." Brett said. Kelly looked at his Chief. "Do you think you can handle it?" Boden asked. "I have a 10-year-old at home, I think I'll be fine." Kelly laughed. "All right then." Boden smiled. Kelly sat on the bed with Isael in the Ambulance and Brett sat down next to them. Matt closed the door and signaled the departure. Once at Med, Will took over the case. Isael was still clutching Kelly's gear. Isael has now started to cough and is breathing heavily. "The little one urgently needs oxygen; his saturation is down to 50." Will said. "Okay buddy, can you lay down on the bed for a minute." Kelly said gently. Isael continued to hold tight to Kelly. "Nothing will happen to you, this is my friend Will, he will give you something so you can breathe better." Kelly smiled. Isael looked at Will and then nodded. Kelly put him on the bed and Will gave him an oxygen mask. "What's your buddy's name, by the way?" Will asked. "That's Isael." Kelly said. "Kelly, we're heading back to the station, are you coming?" Brett asked. Kelly looked at Isael, who has meanwhile fallen asleep. "Don't worry, I'll take care of him." Will said. Kelly nodded. "I'll come back after shift and check on him." Kelly said and went to the Ambulance with Brett.

Back at the station, the others were already waiting for them. "So, how's he doing?" Matt asked. "His saturation has dropped, he's getting oxygen now, I'll go back after shift to check on him." Kelly said and sat down on his chair at the Squad table. "The CPD has reported that the children are from Latin America and were kidnapped and brought to Chicago." Boden said. "Have they found the kidnappers yet?" Cruz asked. "Yes, the anonymous caller got back, the men were arrested two blocks away in a basement." Boden said. "Hey guys, is it true that you were called to a house where children were held?" Finley asked, when he enter the vehicle hall. "How do you know about it?" Matt asked. "I met Jay and Hailey on the way here, they told me about it." Finley said. At that moment a woman entered the vehicle hall. "Can we help you?" Boden asked. "I'm looking for Lieutenant Kelly Severide." the woman said. "That's me, how can I help you?" Kelly asked. "My name is Jessica Anderson, I'm from the youth care office, it's about the boy you rescued from the building today, can we talk somewhere?" Jessica asked. "Sure, we can go to my office." Kelly said and went with Jessica inside. Finley watched them go. "Kelly saved a little boy, who was scared and clung to Kelly's jacket." Sylvie explained. "And my heart stopped for a minute when she said she's from the youth care office." Finley said. "I suppose it's about Isael." Sylvie said. "Who is Isael?" Finley asked. "The boy Kelly saved from the house." Stella said. Kelly and Jessica came back a few minutes later. "What did she want?" Finley asked. "She asked me, if it's possible that Isael could live with us until his family was located in Venezuela." Kelly said.