Chapter 39

When Finley got home from school the next afternoon, Matt was on the phone. "Your new school just called me, you're signed in and your first day of school will be after the spring break." Kelly said. "After spring break already, that's only 4 months away and what about the move?" Finley asked. "Matt is talking to the agent right now." Sylvie said. "Well, I have some good news, the house is ours, we can sign the purchase contract tomorrow." Matt said. "That's great, how's the payment going?" Stella asked. "We can talk about that tomorrow, but I guess we can pay it in installments." Matt said. Finley sat down on the couch. "Hey Fin, you're, all right?" Kelly asked. Finley nodded and smiled. "What's going on?" Kelly asked and sat on the couch with him. "It's really happening now; we're going to move and I'm going to a new school." Finley said. Kelly put his arm around Finley's shoulders and kissed his head. "I'm sure you will settle in quickly and make new friends right away and we'll be there too, you know that." Kelly smiled. "And you can invite your friends over whenever you want, nothing will change." Sylvie smiled. Finley nodded. "It's just, I feel like I just moved in with you yesterday and now I'm already leaving this house again." Finley said. Stella came and sat on the couch next to Finley. "Like Kelly said, you're not alone, we are all here for you." Stella smiled. Finley nodded and took a deep breath. "It's also kind of excited, you two are engaged and going to be parents and I finally have the chance to leave it all behind me." Finley said. When Finley got to school the next morning, his friends were already there. "Hey Fin, how are you?" Sarah asked. "Hey guys, I'm doing good." Finley greeted. "How was the Molly's evening actually?" Lucas asked. "It was great, Kelly and Stella got engaged and I got scale models from all the Trucks at 51 and from a police car." Finley said. "That's cool, tell them congratulations from us." Sydney said. "Yes, I'll tell them, but I have some other news." Finley said. "Is it about the moving?" Summer asked. Finley nodded. "Okay, tell us." Adan said. "The agent called yesterday, Kelly and Matt are signing the purchase contract right now and I'm already signed up for the new school, I'll have my first day of school there after spring break." Finley explained. "After spring break already, that's only 4 months left." Lucas said. Finley shrugged his shoulders. "But we can still be friends and hang out together, right?" Sarah asked. "Yes of course, you can always come over or we can meet at the park or where ever you want." Finley smiled. "Do you already know what your school day will be like?" Pearl asked. "Not quite, the only thing I know is, that class start at 8am and ends at 4pm." Finley said. "You said it's the same school as this school, right?" Kyle asked. Finley nodded. "And what about training?" Lucas asked. "I think it's included, as much as I understood, the lessons go until 12:30, followed by lunch break until 2pm and then 2 hours of training." Finley smiled. "Great, I'd like that too, but unfortunately Mr. Large has something against it." Darius said. Finley laughed a bit. Come on, we're going to be late." Sydney said and they went inside. After class, the boys went to the training area. "Hey Finley, wait a minute." a voice called after them. "Mrs. Royce, what's up?" Finley asked. "I need to talk to you for a minute." Renée said. "Training starts in 30 minutes and Mr. Large will kill me if I'm late again." Finley said. "It won't take long." Renée said. "Okay, but only 5 minutes." Finley said annoyed. "I read you are leaving after spring break." Renée said. "Well?" Finley asked. "I hope it's not because of me." Renée said. "Don't worry, the decision to move and change schools came before I knew you'd be my new teacher." Finley explained. "Moving, you are moving?" Renée asked. "Yeah, we'll start all over again, but I really have to go now." Finley said. "Yes of course, have fun." Renée said. Finley eyed her and ran to the training area. "What did she want?" Lucas asked when Finley walked into the locker room. Finley looked at him and Lucas knew immediately to shut up. The training was tough as always. After soccer, Finley was picked up by Adam and taken home. "How was your day?" Natalie asked when they got home. "Don't ask, in my opinion, we can move tomorrow." Finley said, sitting at the kitchen table. Kim heated dinner for Finley in the microwave. "What happened?" Will asked. "The same as with Hope back then, only this time it was a little different." Finley said. "How?" Kim asked. "Renée found out I'll leave the school and wanted to know if it was because of her." Finley said. "Keep your head up, only 3 and a half months left." Connor smiled and stroked through his hair. When Finley finished eating and doing homework, they all sat together on the couch and watched a movie.