Chapter 11

"Do you know what happened?" Finley asked as Kelly signed the discharge papers. "As far as I can tell, a gas bottle exploded that wasn't plugged in properly" Kelly explained. "And that can cause such a violent explosion?" Finley asked. "Yes, since the other two exploded in addition to the wrongly connected one" Kelly said. The boys from Squad 3 were waiting outside. Capp helped Finley into the Truck and Toni drove off. They were expected at the station. "Hey, how's it going?" Gabby asked. "Broken wrist and some scrapes on my knee" Finley said. "Weren't you at the trampoline park?" Brett asked. Finley shook his head. "We actually wanted to go to the trampoline park, but the line was long when we arrived there and then we decided that we would go to the slot machines and pass the time when something suddenly exploded" Finley explained and tears are filling his eyes. Kelly pulled him close and hugged him. Then Stella tapped Kelly on his shoulder and pointed to the entrance. "Chief Anderson, how can I help you?" Boden asked. "You were the first on Navy Pier today, right?" Anderson asked. "Yes, that's correct, is there a problem?" Chief Boden asked. "Well, I heard that a family member of your firefighters was there, and now I just wanted to make sure no one was preferred" Chief Anderson said. Finley grabbed Kelly's hand. "We never prefer anyone, whoever needs our help most gets it first" Chief Boden assured him. Chief Anderson eyed each one individually, went to his car, and drove away. It was quiet for a while when Kelly's phone rang. "Yes, he's standing next to me, wait a minute ... it's Darius," Kelly said, handing Finley his phone. "Hey Darius," Finley greeted his friend. The told each other what happened after they were separated. "Darius asks if I can go to his house, Aaron is there too, they would bring me back when they go to the airport." Finley asked. "Yeah, sure" Kelly said. "Okay, I'm on my way" Finley said, hanging up and handing Kelly his phone back. "Should I drive you?" Kelly asked. "With that?" Finley grinned, pointing to the rescue truck. "Um, I think we have to go to refuel anyway or what do you think?" Kelly asked his team. Everyone starts laughing. A few minutes later they arrived at Darius' house and Cruz helped Finley out of the Truck.