Chapter 37

Finley was back at school a few days later. "Hey Fin, you can't imagine how glad we are that you are back." Pearl said. 'Yeah, me too." Finley smiled. "How are you?" Darius asked. "Pretty good, I guess." Finley smiled. "Are you alright?" Sarah asked. "Well, there is something you have to know, but I'll tell you at lunch time." Finley said. Before class started, Mr. Andres came into class with the new teacher. "Okay, may I ask for your attention, this is Mrs. Renée Royce, she will be your new teacher from today, as Mrs. Jacquinot is unfortunately no longer able to teach." Mr. Andres said. "They're kidding." Finley said quietly to himself. "Oh, and Finley, it's good that you're feeling better." Mr. Andres smiled. Finley nodded in agreement. "Can you just come to my office after class?" Mr. Andres asked. Finley nodded and Mr. Andres left the class. For lunch, Finley and his friends sat at the back table in the school canteen. "So, what's up?" Adan asked. "What did you actually mumble to yourself at the beginning of class?" Lucas asked. "Mrs. Royce, or rather Renée." Finley said and looked at his friends. "Oh no." Summer said, knowing what's coming next. "She's an ex of Kelly." Finley said. "Oh no, not again." Oakley said. Finley shrugged his shoulders. "What did you want to tell, anyway?" Kira asked. "We'll kind of do a completely restart." Finley said. "What do you mean by that?" Kira asked. "We're going to move; I'm going to a new school." Finley said. "Wait what?" Kyle asked. "Don't worry, we won't be moving to far, my new school is only a 10-minute walk from the Firehouse and we can still meet whenever we want." Finley smiled. "I think the idea isn't that bad after all that happened." Sarah smiled. "And by the way, Kelly said one of you could come with us to the house tour on Friday, to see where we going to life." Finley said. "I'll come." Darius said and everyone laughed. After class, Finley went to Mr. Andres' office and knocked on the door. "Ah Finley, come in." Mr. Andres said. Finley sat down and Mr. Andres sat next to him. "How are you?" Mr. Andres asked. "I'm fine, a bit tired." Finley said. "Listen, I want you to know that I had no idea about what happened." Mr. Andres said. "It's okay." Finley said. "What about your brother?" Mr. Andres asked. "He's doing very well, Brittany and Hope just faked his death is I could go with Brittany." Finley explained. "You knew Mrs. Jacquinot personally?" Mr. Andres asked. "Yeah, she worked on the station with my brother and he and Brittany were married a few years ago." Finley said. "I'm sorry what?" Mr. Andres asked. Finley shrugged his shoulders. "May I go now; my brother will be waiting for me?" Finley asked. "Yeah sure, thanks for stopping by." Mr. Andres said and Finley left the office. Kelly was waiting for him at the parking lot. "Sorry, I had to see the principal." Finley said. "It's okay, how was your day?" Kelly asked. "We got a new teacher today; you will never believe me who we got." Finley told him, getting into the car. "Well then, tell me." Kelly said. "Renée Royce." Finley said. "You're kidding me, aren't you?" Kelly asked and Finley shook his head. On Friday after school, Finley and Darius were picked up by Kelly. "Hey guys." Kelly greeted. "Hey Kelly." Darius greeted back. "Where are the others?" Finley asked. "Matt and Sylvie are waiting at the house and Stella wasn't feeling too good this morning." Kelly said. When they got to the house, Matt, Sylvie and the agent were waiting for them. "Before we go in, a few details about the house, it's a new building and was completed about a year ago, it has 14 rooms, two garages on the right with connecting door to the house and four covered parking spaces on the left, a spacious kitchen, winter garden and a large outdoor garden, which would be perfect for the boys to play." the agent explained. "How big exactly is the garden?" Finley asked. "It's big enough." the agent laughed. "Finley looked at Kelly and grinned. "Let's look at the house first and then we'll see." Kelly smiled and pushed the boys into the house. The entrance hall was huge and was connected to the 2nd floor by a spiral staircase. "Here we have the entrance area with the wardrobe and here the connecting door to the garage." the agent explained. On the lower floor there is the living room, 2 bathrooms, the spacious kitchen and the winter garden with the door to the outside area. The bedrooms and another 2 bathrooms are on the upper floor. "The advantage is that all the bedrooms are on the same floor, in our current house, my room is on the upper floor and everyone else's room is downstairs." Finley said. "Yes, the rooms also all have their own bathroom." the agent smiled. Finally, they went out into the garden. "Okay, if it's not big enough, I don't know what to do." Finley said and ran into the meadow. "Yeah, Fin is right, it would be perfect for us." Kelly smiled, watching the boys running around. "I have two more visits to the house today, I could let you know next week." the agent said. "That fits... Fin, Darius, come on, we're going." Kelly called.