Chapter 19

"Hey,how was your day at school?" Kelly asked as Finley got in the car. Finleyjust shrugged his shoulders. "You're not here to ask me that." Finleysaid. "Adam was at the Firehouse and said you had complained of aheadache, so I just wanted to make sure everything is okay." Kelly said."Yeah, it's better and what do you want now?" Finley asked in aslightly irritated voice. "Now I want to talk to you about what'sbothering you, you've been quite irritable since last night." Kelly said."You wouldn't believe me anyway." Finley said. "We'll see, comeon, what's going on?" Kelly smiled. Finley took a deep breath. "WhenBrittany was in my room last night, she told me to stay away from you,otherwise she would make sure I don't come near you." Finley said."She said what?" Kelly asked, horrified. Finley bowed his head andwiped the tears from his face. "She said you should focus on your careerand I would just be in your way." Finley said, tears rolling down hisface. Kelly couldn't believe what Finley just told him. "Hey, look at me,you know, I would never let anyone stand between us." Kelly smiled, puthis arm around Finley and kissed his forehead. Finley smiled and wiped thetears from his face. Back at the station, the others noticed thatsomething had happened. "Is everything okay?" Dawson asked. Finleynodded and Kelly explained what happened. "I knew the conversation went alittle too fast last night." Stella said and hugged Finley. At thatmoment, Brittany came through the door with Tyler. "What the hell were youthinking?" Kelly asked, slightly irritated. "What are you talkingabout?" Brittany asked. "You told Finley to stay away from me, so Ican focus on my career." Kelly said. "Yeah, but I thought..."Brittany said when the alarm went off. "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61,car crash, Michigan Ave." "When we're back, we won't see you hereanymore." Kelly said. "And you can pack your bags right away, wedon't want you to see at home either." Matt added and ran into the vehiclehall. Brittany glared at Finley. "I warned you." Finley said.Brittany took Tyler's hand and left the station. Finley put his school bag onthe table and took out his text books to start with his homework. When the others got back from the call, Finleywas still doing his homework. "Yesterday, you didn't tell us how yourfirst day of school was." Sylvie said. "Eight words, worst first dayof school of my life." Finley said, taking his school folder out of hisbackpack. "Well, there weren't that many of them yet." Otis laughed.Finley rolled his eyes and smiled. "What happened?" Kelly asked."Nothing bad, we got a new student who looks like he takes a shower threetimes a day and he comes to school in a suit and tie, Aaron moved to Tampa,must be a spontaneous action, because he didn't tell us anything and then wegot a new teacher, Mrs. Jacquinot and..." Finley said when he wasinterrupted. "Wait, Hope Jacquinot?" Sylvie asked. "I feel likeI should have left this part out, where do you know her from?" Finleyasked. "We grew up together and she worked here for a few months."Sylvie said. "You're kidding me, aren't you?" Finley asked, lookingat Kelly. "Sorry buddy, but it's true." Kelly said. "And shecaused us a lot of trouble." Stella added. "Then I'd rather askConnor, Will or Natalie if they'll fill this out for me." Finley said."What is it?" Kelly asked. "The emergency contact in casesomething happens to me in school since I no longer live with Mom and Dad."Finley said. "Come on, I'll fill it out." Kelly said, taking thepaper from him.