Chapter 9

3 months later:

Finley has his last day of school before summer break today. He's looking forward to spend 3 months with his brother and friends. After school he went to the firehouse as always. When Finley arrived at the station, Shay, Brett and Foster were in the process of re-filling the ambulance equipment. "Hey ladies." Finley smiled. "Hey you, everything alright?" Foster asked. "I've got 3 month of summer vocation now, what do you think." Finley grinned. Brett and Shay started laughing. "By the way, Kelly isn't here, he and Matt left the station about 10 minutes ago." Shay said. "Okay, do you know when he'll be back?" Finley asked. The three paramedics shook their heads. "We don't even know where they were going." Brett said. At that moment Finley was grabbed from behind and picked up. "Hey, let me down!" Finley said. Kelly gave him a kiss on his cheek and let him down again. "I wanted to go to Navy Pier with Aaron and Darius, they have opened an indoor trampoline park there and the entrance fee is only 2 dollars for the start of the holidays." Finley grinned and held out his open hand to Kelly. Kelly took out his wallet and handed him the 2 dollars. "Can I leave my schoolbag here?" Finley asked. "Sure." Kelly said. "Have fun then." Matt smiled. "Thanks, but we don't be staying that long anyway because Aaron and Darius are going on vocation tonight." Finley said. "Will you come back to the station afterwards?" Kelly asked. Finley nodded and ran away. Finley, Darius and Aaron met in front of the entrance to the Trampoline Park and stood in line. "Man, many had a same idea as us." Darius said. "Yes, they have started only letting in a certain number of visitors." Aaron said. "Then it may could be a while before we can get in." Finley said. "And that, even though the school holidays started." Aaron said. Darius and Finley shrugged their shoulders. "Who knows, there was still school today, if the families go on vocation, then either today or tomorrow." Darius said. "Come on, let's pass the time by the gaming machines over there." Aaron said. "It'll be the best; we probably won't be able to get in today anyway." Finley said. The three boys went to the gaming machines and passed the time there. Since Finley only had Kelly's 2 dollars, he had to watch after the first game. Suddenly the entire Navy Pier was struck by a violent explosion. Aaron, Darius and Finley were hit by the blast and thrown a few meters away. When the three came to, a path of destruction opened up to them. "Are you alright?" Aaron asked his friend. "Yes, I think so." Darius said. "Where's Finley?" Aaron asked. "I'm here." Finley said. He held his wrist and limped a little. Aaron and Darius helped him. "Come, sit down here." Aaron said. "I'll see if I can get help from somewhere." Darius said and ran to the entrance of the Navy Pier.