Chapter 36

When Finley was discharged from hospital a few days later, Jay took him to the station because Kelly and the others were on duty. "There's a new dog on the guard, Tuesday isn't enough for you." Jay laughed when he saw the 'somebody misses his dog' poster. "Tuesday found him outside the station, come on, he's probably messing around again." Finley said and ran to the door. "Hey, take it easy, I don't want to take you back to Med." Jay called after him. "Don't worry, I had to inhaler before you came, Connor said that should be enough for the rest of the day." Finley explained. "Anyway, Kelly would kill me if you had to go back to the hospital again." Jay said. "Yeah, I know, but I'm home and I'm fine, seriously." Finley smiled. He took Jay's hand and pulled him into the common room. Inside, Tuesday and the corgi-puppy were lying on the couch, looking up when Jay and Finley walked in. "You're right, the little one is really cute." Jay smiled and Finley took the puppy in his arms. "Do you already have a name for the puppy?" Jay asked. "I don't know, last time I was here, Tuesday just found him." Finley grinned and sat on Jay's lap. "Hey, there he is again." Otis said when they came back. "How are you feeling?" Shay asked. "Aside from the fact that I can't leave the house without my medication, I'm doing well." Finley said and, put the puppy back on the ground and coughed a bit. "Medication?" Cruz asked. "Finley was diagnosed with asthma, so he always has to have his asthma spray with him." Kelly said and Finley took the spray out of his pocket. Then Jay's phone rang. "Well then, I have to go now, Voight needs us at the precinct." Jay said and left the Firehouse. "Can I stay here today?" Finley asked. "Yes, sure." Kelly smiled. The boys from Squad 3 sat at their table in the vehicle hall while Finley plays with Tuesday and the corgi puppy. "Do you already have a name for the puppy?" Finley asked and threw the ball against the Squad truck. "No, we haven't had time for that yet." Gallo said who was now entering the vehicle hall. "I'd have loads of names ready, but first I have to know, boy or girl?" Finley asked. "He's a boy." Gallo smiled. "Phew, I wouldn't have had a girl's name ready." Finley smiled and threw the ball at the Squad truck again. "Well then, let's hear." Gallo said. "I have a few very cool names on my mind, but personally, I think Fire is the best name for him." Finley smiled. "I think the name fits." Capp laughed. "Yes, I like that name too, but just don't shout the name too loud or everyone will think it's a real fire." Gallo joked. "Guys, dinner is ready." Mackey said. "I'm not hungry though, I was given antibiotics before I was discharged." Finley said, throwing the ball again. "Then at least come in and sit down with us." Kelly said. "Well, maybe I can eat a small portion." Finley said and went in with the others. After shift, Kelly, Stella, Matt, Sylvie and Finley went to have breakfast and then went home. When they got home, the others were still home. "Don't get me wrong, but you don't have to go to work today?" Finley asked. "No, we took our day off today." Natalie smiled and gave him a kiss on his forehead. "And you go upstairs to your room, we need to talk about adult stuff." Kelly said. "You don't have to tell me; I'll stay in my bed for the rest of the day." Finley grinned and went upstairs to his room. Kelly waited until he heard the door slam shut. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Matt asked. "You know what such a complete restart means for Fin." Kim said. "Yeah, I know, but does anyone have a better idea?" Kelly asked his friends. They looked at each other. "Well then, let's see, show us what you got." Jay said and they sat down on the couch. Kelly spread the flyers on the coffee table and got his phone. Then Finley came downstairs with his homeschooling laptop. "I've got almost 200 mails with school documents and test documents and I have to finish them all in 3 days." Finley said, putting his laptop on the kitchen table. "No matter what you have to discuss, I'll be fine, I start hating this school." Finley said, put on his headphones and started with his school work. Kelly grabbed the flyer from the new school he had chosen and held it to Finley. "What's that?" Finley asked, taking off his headphones. "I was thinking of a completely restart after everything that happened." Kelly said. "What do you mean exactly?" Finley asked. "Well, we'll start all over again, new house, new school, new neighborhood, what do you think?" Kelly asked. Finley looked at the others and took the flyer from Kelly. "Chicago International Sport school, Mhmm, and how exactly is it different from my current school?" Finley asked. "The difference is that the teachers and coaches at this school are way more understandable than at your current school and if you miss a few days of school you don't have to hand the entire school work the next day." Kelly smiled. "And it's only a 10-minute walk from the station." Stella added. "Okay, that would be a reason to change so I don't have to get on the crowded subway anymore." Finley smiled and sat down on the couch with the others. "And what exactly do you mean by new house and new neighborhood?" Finley asked. Stella gave him an advertisement for a house. "Okay, the house looks pretty amazing, but I have a very important question about it, how big is the garden?" Finley asked, grinning. "I don't know, we can take a look at the house on Friday, why do you ask?" Kelly asked. "Because, you once promised me that if we once would move and the garden would be big enough, you'll get me a trampoline." Finley grinned. "We'll see." Kelly laughed and stroked through his Finley's hair. "So, you would be in for a restart?" Adam asked. "Yes, but only under 2 conditions." Finley said. "Okay, and what?" Kelly asked. "1. We all will stay together and 2. I can keep in touch with my friends." Finley said. "1. Yes, we will and 2. Of course you can, nothing will change just because we're moving." Kelly smiled.