Chapter 16

The summer holidays are over and school starts again tomorrow. Finley went to Grant Park with two neighborhood friends. Once there, they immediately went to the skate park, which was very crowded. "Man, the park is very crowded today." Finley laughed. "Anything special today?" Ryan asked. "Yes, today is our last day of being free, tomorrow, we will be trapped in school again." Tucker laughed. "Come on, let's try anyway." Ryan said, getting on his skateboard. Finley and Tucker followed. "How's it going with your new coach?" Tucker asked. "Don't ask, I feel like I'm in a military camp, that's where he probably comes from." Finley said. As the skate park keep filling up, the boys decided to break off and just hang out at Grant Park. "Is it just me, or is the park more crowded than usual today?" Finley asked. "I was just about to ask the same question." Tucker said. "I don't remember seeing so many tourists here before." Ryan said. Tucker and Finley just shrugged and decided to leave the park. "Do we want to try again at Millennium Park?" Ryan asked. "Yeah, I'm in." Tucker said. "Yes, me too, let's go." Finley said. The boys got to subway and drove to Millennium Park. But the subway was also pretty crowded today. Arrived at Millennium Park, it didn't look much better than Grant Park. "Okay, I think we're giving up, let's go home." Ryan said. Finley and Tucker agreed. "I'm home." Finley said as he walked through the door. "You're already back?" Stella asked. "Yes, you should have seen the park, I've never seen so many tourists before." Finley said. "Well, did you had at least a little bit fun?" Sylvie asked. "Yes, we could still skate a bit, afterwards we wanted to go to Millennium Park, but it didn't look much better there either." Finley said. When there was a knock at the door, Finley opened the door. "Hey, you want to play soccer?" Ryan asked. "Yeah, sure." Finley said and grabbed his jacket. They picked up Tucker and went to the soccer field down the road. "At least we're almost alone here." Tucker laughed. The boys played until Tucker and Finley got picked up by their dads and Finley by Kelly. While Finley was taking a shower, Kelly and Sylvie prepared dinner. After dinner everyone sat comfortably on the couch and watched a movie.