Chapter 43

"What's on the moving plan today?" Kyle asked, as they left the school building. "Kelly and I are going to the mall today and buy some new clothes for myself." Finley said. "Okay, cool, and how is packing going?" Lucas asked. "Very well, the basement and attic are completely empty and today the bedrooms will be on, everything we no longer need goes into the garbage can and the stuff we move in the boxes." Finley said. "Okay, you know, if you need help just let us know." Darius smiled. "If you have time at the weekend, everything we can't do today, we'll finish at the weekend." Finley said. "Sure, just let us know." Aiden smiled. When they got into the schoolyard, Kim was waiting for Finley at the parking lot. "I thought you and Kelly were going to the mall?" Kyle asked. "Yeah, but first I have to do something at the police station and Kelly will pick me up there." Finley said. "Ah okay, we'll have fun then and we'll see you tomorrow." Adan said. "Yeah, see you guys tomorrow." Finley smiled and gave his friends a high five. "Hey, how was it today?" Kim asked. "Pretty good." Finley replied, getting into the car. "You know that you don't have to make the statement immediately, but only when you feel ready to do so." Kim said. "I know, but I'm ready and you guys are there too." Finley smiled. "All right, let's go then." Kim said and started the car. "Are you sure you want to make the statement now?" Voight asked when Kim and Finley came upstairs. "How many more times do I have to answer that question, yeah, I'm sure." Finley said. "All right, let's go to my office then." Voight said. Finley nodded and the two went into Voight's office. Finley told Voight everything that happen back then. Finally, Voight showed him few pictures of Murder suspects he'd arrested at the time. Finley looked at the pictures. "You can take your time." Voight said softly. "It was him." Finley said. Finley said, pointing to picture number 3. "Are you sure?" Voight asked. "Yeah, I looked that guy straight in the eyes, he was going to kill me, I'll never forget this face." Finley said. "Okay, you've helped me a lot." Voight smiled. When they got out of the office, Kelly was just coming up the stairs. "Hey, you ready to go?" Kelly asked. Finley looked at Voight. "Yes, we're done here so far." Voight said. They left the station and headed to the mall. When they arrived at the mall, Finley held his brother back. "Wait a minute, there's something else I have to tell you." Finley said. Kelly got back in the car. "The man who shot..." Finley said, but Kelly interrupted him. "Hey, if you don't want to talk about it, I understand and respect it." Kelly smiled. "I still want to tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone, not even Stella." Finley begged. Kelly nodded. "Well, the man who shot, he wanted to kill me too, but he was out of ammunition." Finley said. "Hey, look at me, I can't imagine what you've been through all these years, but there is one thing you should know, I'm your big brother and I love you more than anything and it doesn't matter if we now live in the safest place in the world or not, I'll always worry about you, no matter what, and I'm also really proud of you how you handled it all." Kelly smiled. "I love you." Finley smiled. "Come here, I love you too." Kelly smiled and kissed his forehead. "Alright, tell me, what do you need?" Kelly asked as they entered the mall. "I don't know, all sorts of things, but since the warm days are coming up, maybe we could start with long-sleeved shirts, T-shirts, jeans, and shorts." Finley suggested. "Okay, let's see what we can find for you." Kelly smiled. When Kelly and Finley came home a few hours later, Will, Connor and Natalie were about to leave the house. "What's the matter?" Kelly asked. "There was a huge pile-up on the highway with dozens of injured people and they need some support at Med and at the scene, you don't have to wait for us to eat, who knows how long it will take." Will explained. "Okay, but be careful." Finley said. "So, how broke are you?" Matt asked and laughed as Finley and Kelly walked through the door. Finley put the shopping bags on the coffee table. "Fin was very good and didn't want to buy too much, I almost had to force him to put a few more pairs of jeans and shorts or some more T-shirts and long-sleeved shirts in the shopping basket." Kelly explained. "Well then, show us what you got." Stella smiled. Finley took the clothes out of the shopping bags and laid them on the couch. "I'm putting these clothes into the moving boxes, so I have new clothes for the new start and I'm still wearing my current clothes for now." Finley said. "Have you already taken some boxes into your room yet?" Kelly asked. Finley shook his head and took 3 boxes from the pile.