Chapter 30

When Kelly waited in the car for Stella after shift, he had to think about the last sentence of the youth welfare office employee. "Hey, how are you?" Stella asked as she got into the car. "I can't get a sentence Mr. Harrison said out of my head." Kelly said. "Which one?" Stella asked. "He said I should see it positive because I could now focus on my career and don't have to look after a child." Kelly said and started the engine. The sentence was immediately familiar to Stella. "Wait a minute." she said and turned the engine off again. "What is it?" Kelly asked. "You want to go over to Brittany's and see if she has something to do with it and maybe he is with her?" Stella asked. "Do you really think she would do something like that and hires someone to take Fin away from me, just to get revenge on me?" Kelly asked. "Maybe she doesn't want revenge on you but on Finley, it was he who caused her all the problems." Stella said. Suddenly all the scenarios of what could happen to Finley played out in Kelly's head. He restarts the engine and they drove off. Once at the address, Kelly stayed in the car for a while. "What's going on?" Stella asked. "What if it was all just a stupid coincidence?" Kelly asked. "It may be all be a coincidence, but if not, I'm sure you could never forgive yourself if something happened to Fin." Stella tried to encourage him. Kelly looked at the house and agreed with Stella. The two got out and knocked on the door. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Brittany asked in surprise as she opened the door. "We're looking for Finley." Stella said. "Ok, but he's not here, I haven't seen him since you kicked us out." Brittany said. "If I find out you have something to do with it, then..." Kelly said but Stella held him back. "Ok, thanks anyway." Stella said, pulling Kelly back to the car. "What was that supposed to mean?" Kelly asked. "I saw Fins school bag, he's definitely in there, but we're going to inform the CPD now because she won't talk to us." Stella said. Kelly looked back at the house and then got into the car. At the police station, they met Atwater and Roman. "Hey guys, what's up?" Roman asked. "Do you have a minute, it's about Fin?" Stella asked. "Sure, come upstairs." Atwater said. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Kim asked. "It's about Fin." Kelly said. "Okay, what about him?" Jay asked. "Kelly lost custody of Fin because he supposedly hit him." Stella said. "Okay, take it easy, what exactly happened?" Hailey asked. "Yesterday, someone from the youth welfare office showed up at the Firehouse and said Fin's teacher called the youth welfare office and said I was going to hit him because of the bruises he has." Kelly explained. "The bruises on his arms and legs that he got playing football with Bryan and Logan in our backyard?" Adam asked. Stella nodded. "The youth welfare employee also said before he left, that I should see it positive because I can now focus on my career and not look after a child." Kelly said. "Are you saying that Brittany might have something to do with it?" Kim asked. "I can't explain it to myself any other way." Kelly said. "I have to say, we just came from Brittany and I saw Fin's school bag." Stella said. "Ok, let's do it then, Jay and Adam, you go to the youth welfare office and talk to the employee and Kim and Roman, you go to Brittany's and talk to her." Voight said. Kelly gave Adam and Jay the employee's name and the two made their way to the youth welfare office. "Hello, can I help you?" the receptionist asked as Jay and Adam walked in. "Yes, we are looking for Mr. Elijah Harrison." Adam said in his charming smile. "What is it about?" the Lady asked. "We'd like to discuss this with him personally." Jay said. "Well then, who can I register?" the Lady asked. Jay and Adam showed her their badges. "Why didn't you say that right away?" the receptionist asked. "You didn't ask." Jay smiled. The receptionist made a short phone call and sent Adam and Jay to the waiting area. "Hello, you wanted to see me?" a man asked. "Yes, if you are Mr. Elijah Harrison?" Adam asked. "Yes, that's me, may I ask what this is about?" Mr. Harrison asked. "Can we discuss this in private?" Jay asked. "Of course, we can go to my office." Mr. Harrison said and went to his office in the third floor with Adam and Jay. "Have a seat, may I offer you a drink?" Mr. Harrison asked. "A water please." Jay said. "Yes, for me too." Adam said. "So, how can I help you?" Mr. Harrison asked. "Were you at Firehouse 51, yesterday afternoon?" Adam asked. "At Firehouse 51, no, why should I have been there?" Mr. Harrison asked, puzzled. "Does the name Kelly Severide mean anything to you?" Jay asked. "Kelly Severide, no, I'm sorry the name means nothing to me, what is going on here?" Mr. Harrison asked. "You know, Kelly Severide is one of our best friends and he really takes care of his 10-year-old brother and he would do everything for him and he told us, that you were at the station yesterday and withdrew custody of his brother without any warning." Jay said. "Oh shit, now I know what's going on, I'm really sorry to hear that, but I wasn't anywhere for 2 days because my wallet was stolen 3 days ago with all my cards and cash and my employee ID was also in there." Mr. Harrison said. "Your wallet was stolen?" Adam asked. "Yes, maybe someone pretended to be me, I reported it the next morning, please feel free to check it." Mr. Harrison said. Jay went outside briefly and spoke to Trudy on the phone. "He's right, Trudy has just confirmed it, his complaint was taken 2 days ago by the colleagues on the 28th." Jay said. "Did you saw the thief?" Adam asked. "Sorry, I didn't realize the theft until I got home." Mr. Harrison said.

At the same time, Kim and Roman arrived at Brittany Baker's house. "Should I talk to her alone, she doesn't know me, maybe she talks to me." Roman suggested. "Do you think you can do it; she can fool you." Kim said. "I can handle it." Roman smiled and got out of the car. "Leave your radio on, so I can listen." Kim called after him. Roman knocked at the door. "Hello, what can I do for you?" Brittany asked as she opened the door. "Hello, I'm Officer Sean Roman, are you Brittany Baker?" Roman asked. "Yes, how can I help you?" Brittany asked. "Could we discuss this inside?" Roman asked. "Uh sure, come in." Brittany said and looked around before she closed the door. "Please have a seat, how can I help?" Brittany asked. "A 10-year-old boy is missing and he was last seen in this neighborhood." Roman said. "Ok, what can I do?" Brittany asked. "You can answer a few questions for me." Roman said and showed her a picture of Finley. "Kelly sent you right, but I can't help you, I don't know where he is." Brittany said. "Well, you at this moment two of my colleagues are questioning your friend in the police station, who talks first about it, could get a Mitigate punishment and, as I can see, you have a child yourself, you don't want your child growing up in a foster family or a children's home, right?" Roman said. Brittany glared at him. "That was all my boyfriend Roger's idea, I told him what happened and he said we should take revenge on Finley." Brittany said. "Where is he?" Roman asked. "Roger is holding him in the disused factory on North Side Street." Brittany said.