Chapter 34

"Youwanted to see me, Chief?" Kelly asked when he walked into his office afterthe team meeting. "Kelly, yes, sit down." Boden said. Kelly closedthe door and sat down. "How are you?" Boden asked. "If I'mhonest, I feel like I'm in a bad dream." Kelly said. "Are you readyfor this?" Boden asked. "Sure, Fin is in good hands, Jay, Adam andKim are with him." Kelly said. "Good, you let me know when you need abreak or you have to leave." Boden said. Kelly nodded and left the office."Hey, we know you probably can't hear this question anymore, but how isFin doing?" Mills asked when Kelly walked over to the Squad table."He's not doing good; he's condition is still critical." Kelly said."How are you doing?" Cruz asked. Kelly shrugged his shoulders. A fewseconds later the alarm went off. "To all Units, cracked power line,person in distress, West Carpenter 3300." When they arrived at the scene,they were received by a woman. "What happened?" Boden asked."The wind blew the bouncy castle against the power pole and it tore as aresult, my son Alex is still in there, my husband wanted to get him, but can nolonger move." the woman explained. "Sir, what's the matter?"Boden asked. "My feet's tingle." the man replied. "The wholegarden is electrified and our whole material is made of metal." Caseysaid. "Jimmy and Otis, you go from house to house looking for somethingmade of wood, a wooden ladder or something, Mouch you prepare the sandingbasket stretcher and Cruz and Capp you help him to get out of the gras."Boden said. "Copy, Chief." everyone said. "Toni, we needsubstructure material." Kelly said. "Okay Sir, I want you to stepbackwards and keep your feet on the ground, just shuffle." Casey said."Hey Alex, my name is Kelly, we'll get you out of there in a moment, justsit there, you're doing great." Kelly said, getting ready to go inside. When Jimmy and Otis came back a few minuteslater with a wooden ladder, Toni was just finishing the substructure."Okay, then tie up the ladder and place it so that it points towards thebouncy castle." Boden said. As soon as everything was ready, Kelly climbedthe ladder and slowly felt his way towards. "Okay, now the grinding basketstretcher." Herrmann said. Kelly pulled a knife out of his pocket and usedit to cut the net that surrounded the bouncy castle. "Hey, buddy, you'redoing great, now lie in here." Kelly said, but suddenly the bouncy castlecollapsed. It was quiet for a few seconds, then Herrmann noticed that the ropewas being pulled. "Okay, pull them out." Herrmann said. Kelly pickedAlex up and took him to the paramedics, where Alex' parents are waiting forthem. "Thank you for everything." Alex' mom said and hugged his son."I'm just glad he's okay." Kelly smiled and went to the rescue truckto help clean up. Before they drove off, Kelly looked again at Alex and hisparents. Aftershift, Kelly sat in front of his locker and tried to hold back his tears."Sorry, we didn't want to disturb you, but your colleagues told us wecould find you here." said a woman's voice. "Yes, come on in."Kelly said, quickly wiping the tears from his eyes. "Alex paintedsomething for you." she smiled. Alex gave him his picture. Kelly looked atthe picture for a while. "I can paint a better one." Alex said."Are you kidding, no it's great, it's just... I had a tough time lately;my little brother had a really bad accident." Kelly explained and took adeep breath. "But the picture is great, seriously, it made everythingbetter, look." Kelly said and stuck the picture in the inside of hislocker. "I could paint one for your brother too, maybe he'll be betterthan." Alex said. "You know what, that's a great idea, I'm sure hewould be happy about that." Kelly smiled. As Alex and his mom left,Kelly's phone rang. "Yes, I'm on my way." Kelly said, grabbed his bagand bumped into Stella on the way out. "Hey, what's the matter?"Stella asked. "I have no idea, Adam just called, something is withFin." Kelly said and ran to his car.