Chapter 2

I rushed down the dark hallway, hoping not to bump into anyone. I hated being in the castle at night.

I got out to the courtyard and sat down by our tree, waiting for Elijah. It was getting cold by the lake and I could've sworn I saw the squid's eye.

After a few more minutes of waiting I had had enough. I picked myself up and started back up the hill.

As I made it to the top, I saw a rose bush rustle back and forth.

"Elijah," I scolded, "Did you really get me out here just to scare me?"

He didn't answer.

"Elijah?" I asked. I pushed back some branches, careful of the thorns.

Instead of Elijah, a skinny black dog limped out of the bush.

"Oh," I cooed, "Look at you."

I knelt down, putting my hand out to the dog. He recoiled at my touch before slowly coming back out.

"How did you get here?" I whispered as I softly patted his head. "What's your name?"

He whimpered softly. I studied his fluffy face, his eyes shone under the bright stars. They were so empathetic, so full of emotion that it was mesmerizing.

"Let's see..." I thought of an angelic name to match him. "What about Sirius? It's the dog star, we learned about it in astrology today."

I thought for another moment before scowling.

"No, no!" I seemed to startle him quite a bit. "Then you'll be named after Sirius Black. He's a murderer you know."

His eyes looked saddened, although I don't know why. Maybe, he's heard of him.

"Appolo? Dionysus? Orion?" I sighed, "None of those seem to fit. Although, I do like Orion. I guess it can be a placeholder for now."

I scratched him behind the ears. "I'll look at more names tomorrow."

I smiled at him before yawning. "If you stick around tomorrow then I'll bring you some lunch." I patted his side, "You could use it."

I got up, brushing off my skirt. "See you tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down next to Elijah, just finishing my braid.

"What was with that note?" I asked, biting into a raspberry scone.

"I forgot about the bloody note!" He groaned, "I was going to scare you."

"Predictable." I rolled my eyes. "But! I found the cutest dog! I don't know how he got there."

"A dog?" Hera asked, sitting next to Elijah, "Where?"

"Y/N saw one last night," Elijah explained.

I nodded, "I named him Orion."

"Orion?" Hera chuckled.