Chapter 60

I had decided to spend the rest of the train ride in Elijah's compartment. We had been needing to catch up after having no contact all summer, and I was in no rush to dive back into Harry's theories.

The train had come to a stop and I was heading back to my original compartment to get my things.

As I got near, Hermione and Ron stepped out of the compartment. They paused when they saw me.

"Have you seen Harry?" Hermione asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "He's not with you?"

"He's probably already on the platform," Ron shrugged, "Come on."

"Right," I muttered. I definitely didn't believe that. He's Harry, trouble follows him and he follows trouble. "Let me get my stuff."

I stepped into the compartment, yanking down my trunk before following after Hermione.

I jumped off the step, looking at Hermione with a worried look. Harry was no where to be found.

"Maybe he's up ahead?" Hermione said hopefully.

I didn't really believe her, but I nodded along anyways. I followed after them as we went to a carriage, stopping to look at every boy with dark hair.

Ron helped me put my trunk in the carriage and help me up into it.

We all sat there, pretending that Ron and Hermione hadn't been taken aback by the threstral.

Dean, Seamus, Neville, and Ginny climbed onto the carriage with us.

Hermione sat next to me, with Ginny on my other side and Neville next to her. Seamus, Dean, and Ron sat on the other side, facing us.

The carriage started to move, and Ron, Seamus, and Neville immediately started to banter.

Dean was looking at me and when I realised he was looking, he gave me a smile. I smiled, looking down at my hands in my lap.

Hermione raised an eyebrow, looking at me and catching my eyes. I bit the inside of my cheek and  gave her a look to leave it.

"Later." She mouthed.

"Bloody hell," Ron groaned as our carriage came to a stop. There were piles of luggage out on the side of the path, with Aurors looking through it.

I leaned over the edge to see Professor Flitwick standing with a scroll. I smiled slightly, I had always been favoured by Professor Flitwick.

"Professor, what's going on?" I asked. He put up a hand to silence me.

"Name?" He looked over his glasses.

"Professor, I'm your Head Girl." I started.

"Ah," He said, "Name?"

"Y/n Fawley." I said.

"Ah, Ms. Fawley." He smiled, "How was your summer?"

"Brilliant," I smiled. I nodded my head to the wizards who were looking through luggage. "What are they doing?"

"Extra security." Professor Flitwick said, "Just in case."

"Right," I nodded. I looked up to see two wizards starting to open my trunk. "Is that really necessary?"

One wizard looked at me, "Orders from the Headmaster. You never know."

I bit my finger nail, stressed as they looked through my trunk. They rifled through my infinite bag, my jumpers, and photos. They pulled out a photo of Cedric, holding it up to look at it clearly.

"Oh, please be careful with that." I said sharply.

They looked at me before tossing it back in the trunk, buckling it, and putting it back in the carriage.

"Well, you all are good to go." Professor Flitwick scribbled in his scroll.

The carriage started back up.

"That was definitely alarming." Hermione blinked.

"Maybe Mum was right." Ginny said quietly. I gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's Hogwarts," I said, "I'm sure we'll be alright."

The group was quiet but I caught Dean's eye as I looked around. His face showed the most worry out of the others. I tapped his foot with my, trying to give him a little reassurance. I was trying to reassure myself as well.

But it's Hogwarts. The safest place to be.